Photo: Cute Overload - Full House
July 13, 2015 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Animal and Pet Photos, Dogs, Dogs, Just One More Pet, Pet Blog, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets | Birds, cockatiels, fun, Golden Retriever, hamsters, parakeets, pet fun, Pets | Leave a comment
July 27, 2014 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animal behavior, Animal Cuteness, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Events, pet fun, Pets | Dog parties, fun, JOMP, Just One More Pet, pet fun, Pet Parties | 2 Comments
Wiener Dog Races, Kalispell, MT
There’s Nothing Like Wiener Dog Races!
Oktoberfest Wiener Dog Races.mpg
Barrel Racing Wiener Dog
Jerry needs no help playing with his ball.
Sassy Dachshund Puppy
Cute Dachshund montage Daisy – Teckel à poil long – HD
Dachshund Water Race
Wake Up Mommy!! I Wants Breakfast!!
Teckel Superstar! – Dackel, kleiner Hund ganz gross
dumb vs. smart wiener dog
Fritzel Schnitzel Dachshunds 2, Daisy and her pups
Mini Dachshund Tricks – Gracie the Dachshund
AMAZING DACHSHUND / DOXIE DOG DOES 10 TRICKS
Dachshund Puppies Longhair
Long-Haired Dachshund | Farm Raised With P. Allen Smith (Back problems –
don’t let jump from too high)
Longhaired Dachshund Grooming
h/t to Paul and George King
July 13, 2014 Posted by justonemorepet | Chiweenie, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, On The Lighter Side, Pet Events, pet fun, Pets | dachshund, Dachshund Races, dogs, JOMP, Just One More Pet, Just One More Pets, Pet Events, pet fun, Pets, Weiner Dog Races, Weiner Dogs | 3 Comments
December 30, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Animal and Pet Photos, Chihuahua, Chiweenie, Dogs, Dogs, Holidays With Pets, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets | Angel, Angelina, Annabelle, Apachi, Cats, Chihuahaus, Chiweenies, Christmas for pet people, Christmas pet photos, cute, dogs, guinea pigs, holidays, holidays with pets, Merlin, pet fun, pet santa photos, Precious, Princess | 9 Comments
December 27, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animal behavior, Holidays With Pets, Just One More Pet, pet fun, Pets | Cats, Christmas, cute, holidays, holidays with pets, JOMP, Just One More Pet, kittens, pet fun | 1 Comment
FRANK BELLINO/STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER - Dogs play at the new pool at the Country Kennels Dawg Waterpark in Murrieta, July 23, 2013.
PE.com: A new water park in Murrieta that’s open to the community encourages running, jumping and diving after weeding out the fighters, biters and bullies.
There’s no need for swim wear, sun screen or towels, but life jackets are available.
This place is, after all, Dawg Water Park, probably a first for Inland Southern California. The canine water world and playground opened Saturday, July 20 with 500 frolicking pooches on the 10-acre grounds of Country Kennels at 25817 Washington Ave.
Leo, a 10-year-old St. Bernard, and Jack, a 4-year-old golden doodle, gave the salt water, amoeba-shaped pool four paws up, said their human, Angie Duncan, 53, of Murrieta.
“They loved it,” said Duncan, who’s been grooming and boarding her pets for two decades at Country Kennels. “The owners have done nothing but improve the grounds with beautiful trees over the years and now, they’ve put in this amazing water park.”
Husband and wife Gary and Patty Bruesch started the kennel 23 years ago — securing the first building permit recorded in the city, according to Patty. Since then, they’ve expanded to 99 dog runs and nine fancy canine pens called suites, as well as 35 cat enclosures, some of them also suites.
“We always talked about how much the dogs, especially the labs and golden retrievers, love the water,” said Patty Bruesch, 55. She designed her fun zone with a friend who had installed a little pool at her kennel in San Marcos.
Paradise Ranch Pet Resort, a cage-free boarding “country club” in Sun Valley, pioneered a Southern California dog water park in 2010. “We’re doing very well,” Breanna King, an administrative assistant, said of their three pools and geyser areas. “People and their dogs love it.”
Working with Patty’s brother, a pool builder in Encinitas, the Bruesches would only say that they invested “a substantial amount” for a landscaped water park on deodorized Astroturf to keep mud out of the water.
The Bruesches broke ground in February for a 52-foot long, 20-foot wide pool up to 4-feet deep with extra long steps for easy exits. There are shallow beach accesses, a 40-foot long dock ramp, a shaded lounge area and culvert pipe tunnels for madcap chases. The Bruesches are launching Saturday dock diving classes and plan to add agility equipment.
“It was crazy,” said Patty of the all-day grand opening. “The dogs had so much fun and their owners all had smiles on their faces.”
The staff accepts only neutered dogs, requires vaccination papers and insists on liability releases. Bruesch evaluates temperaments by seeing how each dog responds to one of her calm canines when penned together. “We don’t want aggressive dogs,” she said. Although some owners wanted to dog paddle with their best friends, the pool is only for the four-legged.
Bruesch said the first open swim was a melting pot of the pedigreed and the rescued, poodles and Pomeranians, American bulldogs and basset hounds, dachshunds and Bernese mountain dogs. Although an attendant supervises, humans still must monitor their pets during open swim.
No squeaky toys are allowed, keeping the fur from flying. However, Bruesch green lights water toys, such as balls and Frisbees.
No alcohol is permitted either, but lapping pool water is OK.
Dawg Water Park costs extra for the kennel’s boarders. For the public, the charge is $12 an hour for the first pet, $6 for additional pets. Owners may book private parties, which are required for intact males, such as Border Patrol and police dogs. .
“They have so much energy to burn,” said Brandon Englert, 28, one of the kennel technicians. Ball hog Callie, a yellow lab puppy, stole the show the other day as she fetched and retrieved, competing with two black lab brothers, Junior and Max. After hugging the pool’s perimeter, Spree, a miniature Australian shepherd, tiptoed into the shallows as the staff cheered her on.
“They get the whole pool where they get to be dogs,” Bruesch said.
Watch her website for revised class times and pool hours: http://countrykennelsca.com/
July 28, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal or Pet Related Stories, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets, We Are All God's Creatures | CA, dawg water park, doggie water park, dogs, JOMP, Just One More Pet, Murrieta, pet fun, pet love and friendship | 2 Comments
Patriotic Memorial Day Pet Photos
May 27, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animals, Chihuahua, Chiweenie, Dogs, Dogs, Holidays With Pets, Just One More Pet, pet fun, Pets | animal and pet photos, dogs, holidays with pets, Memorial Day with pets, patriotic pet photos, pet fun, Pets | 4 Comments
Video: Charles the Lion Dog…
By Dr. Becker
This story is too cute and funny not to share!
According to PilotOnline.com and the Virginian-Pilot, the first person that called 911 was rather calm as he stated, “I’d like to report a lion sighting.”
Not surprisingly, the dispatcher asked him to repeat himself!
And that man’s call was just one of three about baby lion sightings in Norfolk, Virginia one Tuesday morning in January.
A baby lion is running loose in the streets!
The first call came in around 10:20 a.m.
A man told the 911 dispatcher a lion was running down Granby Street. Then a woman grabbed the phone and said, “There was a lion that ran across the street. A baby lion. It was about the size of a Labrador Retriever. It’s running loose in the neighborhood.”
The woman also explained that the “baby lion” sighting was in close proximity to the city zoo.
“It had the ‘mange’ and everything!”
Five minutes after the first call, a second call came in of a sighting on Delaware Avenue near Llewellyn Avenue.
“I just saw an animal that looked like a small lion,” this caller, also a male, told dispatch. And it had “the mange and everything!” (Not only is a “baby lion” running loose in the streets, it also has a parasitic skin disease!) “I don’t know if it got away from the zoo, or what,” the man continued.
It’s going from one house to the next!
“I just saw a baby lion at Colley Avenue and 50th Street,” reports caller number three.
When the dispatcher asks for clarification about the type of animal, the man responds, “A lion. A baby lion, maybe. I don’t think it has caused any problem so far.”
“OK. You think it’s looking for food?” the dispatcher asked when the caller explained the “lion” was going from house to house. “I don’t know,” the man responded.
Identity of Baby Lion Revealed
In case you didn’t follow this little story in the news, the “baby lion” was soon identified as a Lab-Poodle mix (a “labradoodle”) named Charles the Monarch. Apparently Charles’ owner likes to have his dog groomed to resemble the mascot of Old Dominion University in Norfolk.
In any event, Charles the ‘doodle is now a minor celebrity. He was even featured on the “Today” show on NBC shortly after all the “baby lion” sightings!
April 17, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, pet fun, Pets, Unusual Stories | dogs, Dr. Becker, Labradoodle, lion dog, pet fun, Virginia | 2 Comments
A cute spin on dog sledding…
h/t to George King
March 25, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, On The Lighter Side, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets | cute, dog fun, dog sledding, pet fun, Pugs | 1 Comment
Teaching dogs to drive is a project of the Auckland, New Zealand SPCA, where the organization teamed up with carmaker Mini Cooper in a social media awareness campaign.
What they’re trying to prove in this publicity stunt is that many abandoned pets are whip-smart, trainable and can even do surprising things.
What they’re trying to prove in this publicity stunt is that many abandoned pets are whip-smart, trainable and can even do surprising things.
Heck, they can even be molded into good drivers if you so desire (all well and good, but not in my backyard — keep that part in New Zealand).
As you can see in the video, Porter, the world’s first driving dog, is using a paw-activated accelerator and brake to pilot the vehicle. He’s doing pretty well at the wheel, albeit at a snail’s pace and requiring considerable micromanaging from his trainer. Don’t try this at home, folks — it’s a "professional driver" on a closed track. Never mind that the pro driver is being paid in dog biscuits.
It’s not surprising that dogs can drive, given their enthusiasm for sticking their heads out the windows of moving cars. We’re thinking Porter is a much better driver than many we’ve seen recently. Even so, were hoping these driving dogs don’t add to the highway chaos anywhere near here.
Pic and video courtesy Auckland SPCA
January 27, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pets, Unusual Stories | animals, dog video, dogs, Driving Dog, pet fun, videos, Watercooler | 1 Comment
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
As I have been fighting Cancer… A battle I am gratefully winning, my furkids have not left my side. They have been a large part of my recovery!! Ask Marion
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Help Make a Difference
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Birds California cancer canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies Christmas cute dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JOMP JustOneMorePet Just One More Pet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food pet fun Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies puppy mills pups rabbits Rainbow Bridge reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice
- In Memory of Rocky – Until We Meet Again on Rainbow Bridge August 30, 2015By JoAnn, Marion, and Tim Algier This past week, we lost our dear family member Rocky who had just outlived his “huep – na-napbdad”, Tom, by just a few months. His perspective would have been interesting!! Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been […]justonemorepet
- In Memory of Rocky – Until We Meet Again on Rainbow Bridge August 29, 2015By JoAnn, Marion, and Tim Algier This past week, we lost a dear family member, Rocky, who had just outlived his “human pet-dad”, Tom, by just a few months. It certainly would have been interesting to know what they thought and what experiences they had had in common!! Just this side of heaven is a […]justonemorepet
- Panda Accused of Faking Pregnancy To Get Better Food, Air Conditioning August 1, 2015Expectant pandas are moved to air-conditioned rooms and showered with more buns, fruit and bamboo. By Dominique Mosbergen – News Editor, The Huffington Post – Posted: 07/30/2015 12:57 AM EDT | Edited: 07/31/2015 02:07 PM EDT Pandas Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan, names together mean "reunion", eat bamboo at a panda base in Ya’an, southwest […]justonemorepet
- Dachshund Family Photo | Picture Furrfect July 20, 2015Video: Dachshund Family Photo | Picture Furrfectjustonemorepet
- They Were Dead Puppy Parts Instead of Dead Baby July 16, 2015Bristol Palin: Fellow SixSeeds blogger Zeke Pipher has a great question: If they were dead puppy parts, or parts from homosexual babies, or babies that self-identified as adults, it’d be a different story. Meaning, it would be a story. But as it is, the fact that these fetuses don’t look like puppies, and their sexual […]justonemorepet
- Bob’s Full House July 13, 2015Photo: Cute Overload - Full Housejustonemorepet
- Keep Your Pets Safe on the 4th of July June 30, 2015Family and friends of G.R. Gordon-Ross watch his private fireworks show at the Youth Sports Complex in Lawrence, Kan., Friday, June 28, 2013. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner) Mercury News – Originally posted on July 02, 2013: The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Hot dogs, potato salad and, of course, fireworks. But Independence […]justonemorepet
- JOMP Salutes Doggie Dads Both Two and Four Legged June 21, 2015Very few dogs have the experience of being parents these days and especially seeing their litters through the process of weaning and then actually being able to remain part of a pack with at least part of their family. Apachi is our Doggie Dad. He is a Chiweenie and here he is is watching his […]justonemorepet
- Smartest Dog In the World, Chaser – 60 Minutes With Anderson Cooper June 15, 2015By Marion Algier – Just One More Pet (JOMP) – Cross-Posted at AskMarion Anderson Cooper met Chaser, a dog who can identify over a thousand toys, and because of whom, scientists are now studying the brain of man’s best friend. Chaser is also the subject of a book: Chaser: Unlocking the Genius of the Dog […]justonemorepet
- Quebec bill changes animals from "property" to sentient beings and includes jail time for cruelty June 14, 2015By Tamara – Dog Heirs – Cross-Posted at JOMP Quebec, Canada – Animals will be considered “sentient beings” instead of property in a bill tabled in the Canadian province of Quebec. The legislation states that "animals are not things. They are sentient beings and have biological needs." Agriculture Minister Pierre Paradis proposed the bill and […] […]justonemorepet
- In Memory of Rocky – Until We Meet Again on Rainbow Bridge August 30, 2015
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
- RT @thehill: State Dept probe reportedly finds that agency improperly overpaid Clinton aide Huma Abedin: hill.cm/tw6hjyd http://t.co…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @alvedaking: Alveda King: God harvests souls. The devil harvests baby body parts. Read my blog @ bit.ly/1M1nQFi. Comment and sha…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @RNRKentucky: .@SenAlexander Infanticide not enough! PP now butchers aborted babies for PARTS! #DefundPP #PJNET #RedNationRising http://…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @ullikemike: “@USABillOfRights: Judge Who Blocked PP Videos RAISED $230k For OBAMA therightscoop.com/judge-who-bloc… #PPSellsBabyParts http://t.co/…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @angelacarwile: 💥Does #CecilTheLion's life matter more than #AnotherBoy & his "parts"?💥 #DefundPP #PPSellsBabyParts #RedNationRising ht…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!
February 2017 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.