Very few dogs have the experience of being parents these days and especially seeing their litters through the process of weaning and then actually being able to remain part of a pack with at least part of their family.
Apachi is our Doggie Dad. He is a Chiweenie and here he is is watching his brood being born with the help of their human Dad. Angel, the mom, is a fawn faced Chihhuahua.
It was an amazing experience for us be part of and to observe the dog family go through this process was heartwarming, educational and touching on many levels. Mom, Angel, would not let Apachi near the pups, which confused him, because he was a great dad and only wanted to watch over them. (But we know that is not the case with many males dogs! They often kill their offspring.) Angel nursed the 4-puppies until they were 8-weeks-old and then partially for another 2-weeks as we weaned them off. She was also a great mom, but from the day the pups were weaned, Dad took over playing with them and watching over them. Angel had done her part!
Here Apachi is playing with and watching his pups at 31-days-old. Once they were able to get out of the basket he would play with them whenever possible. But in the basket, they were off limits.
The two boys went to great homes and we still hear from their new families. One of the girls also went to good home, but came back because they could not keep her (long story), so we ended up with a Doggie family of 4… who are now 7, 5.5 and 2-grown-pups at 4-years-old. Although a lot of work, it is an experience that few people as well as few dogs get to be part of. It is worth every moment of extra work or minor inconvenience!!
Here is a pile up of Apachi, the Pups: Angelina, Magnum, Princess and Goji, with their human Dad
Here they are now… the family of 4:
Doggie Dad Apachi, Pup Princess, Pup Angelina and Mom Angel, huddling with Daddy Tim before a big game…
UCLA Shutterbug – Wyoming Outing
Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images for Tribeca Film Festival
UCLA Schutterbug - Kisses for Schatze
Reddit/orangefever - Just Wrestling
UCLA Shutterbug - Having a PowWow
UCLA Shutterbug - Whole Family is Asleep… Pups 7-Weeks Old
Hope You All Had A Great Father’s Day!!
Posted by Ask Marion, photos by the UCLA Shutterbug and Just One More Pet
June 22, 2015 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Animal Cuteness, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Chihuahua, Chiweenie, Dogs, Dogs, Holidays With Pets, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets, We Are All God's Creatures | Doggie Dads, Doggy Dad, Father's Day, furkids, holidays with pets | Leave a comment
© Julie Larsen Maher/Wildlife Conservation Society/AP In this May 27, 2015 photo provided by the Wildlife Conservation Society, a southern pudu fawn walks in its enclosure at the Queens Zoo in New York.
AP – NEW YORK — A tiny deer is generating a giant dose of cuteness in New York City.
The Wildlife Conservation Society sent out a baby announcement Monday. It’s a boy!
The southern pudu (POO’-doo) fawn — the world’s smallest deer species — was born May 12 at the Queens Zoo.
The fawn is still nursing but soon will be munching on leaves, grain, kale, carrots and hay.
The white spots on his soft brown fur will disappear as he grows up.
In his case, though, "growing up" won’t be much of a vertical process.
Southern pudus tend to be around a foot tall at the shoulder.
When they’re born, they’re only 6 inches high — and weigh less than a pound.
June 9, 2015 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Animal Cuteness, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Just One More Pet, Success Stories, Unusual Stories, We Are All God's Creatures | deer, fawn, New York, Zoos | 1 Comment
By Marion Algier – JOMP
Big Dog and Calf are virtually same size and new best friends
March 21, 2015 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animal behavior, Animal Cuteness, animals, Dogs, Dogs, Pet Friendship and Love, We Are All God's Creatures | animal friendship, Big Dogs, calf, cute, cute animal photos, friendship, JOMP, pet friendship | 1 Comment
My Weasel of the Week nominee is PETA!! .
Sarah Palin posted a photo of her 6-year-old special needs son, Trig, trying to help with the dishes. Nobody immediately reacted when he said he needed help to reach the sink, so Trig took it upon himself to solve the problem. He stood on the family dog, Jill, a black lab especially trained to be a companion for kids like Trig who suffers from down syndrome.
When Palin posted the photo, PETA went nuts. Now I’m a dog, an animal lover, but really???
Hmmm… funny thing?!? When Ellen DeGeneres, who doesn’t suffer from Downs or the like, posted virtually the same photo of herself standing on the family dog as a child, there were crickets from PETA and then they nominated her women of the year.
And when President Obama admitted that he ate dog meat as a child in Indonesia there wasn’t a peep either from PETA.
Or how about when New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio dropped the groundhog, who eventually died, at the yearly celebration? I don’t remember a peep from PETA then either.
But like with anything else in today’s climate, if you are a Democrat or a Progressive from either party, you are untouchable and always excused, but if you are a Republican or worse yet, a tea party Republican, you are fair game with a target on your back for anyone or any group to inflict their fake outrage. Just ask former Governor and GOP Presidential Candidate Romney .
But Sarah Palin responded to PETA like only Sarah can!
January 7, 2015 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Dogs, Dogs, Just One More Pet, Pets, Service and Military Animals, Unusual Stories | Bill DeBlasio, dogs, Ellen, Ellen DeGeneres, JOMP, Just One More Pet, Palin, PETA, Pets, pets and politics, Sarah Palin, service dogs, Trig Palin | 1 Comment
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas
And a fabulous Holiday Season
May you be surrounded with the people, pets and things you love.
May your heart be filled with joy and memories of former Christmases
And may you be blessed by the story and love of the true reason for this beautiful season.
The characters below are at the top of the list of what makes us happy!
US… Angel, Angelina, Apachi and Princess
Us… As We See Ourselves
Us… Singing to Wish you a very Merry Christmas…
Cross-Posted at our Sister Site: AskMarion who hope you enjoyed their ‘The War on Christmas (and religion) verses the Spirit of Christmas Series – (WoC 2013)’ which began on December 1st with Advent and will end on December 6th with the Epiphany. Most recent posts were Simpler Times, A Groetzmeier Christmas and Members of Congress Win Right to Say ‘Merry Christmas’ Without Ethics Violation – WoC 2013
Merry Christmas and God Bless You All!!
A couple 2013 Christmas Miracles
December 16, 2014 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Animal Cuteness, Chihuahua, Chiweenie, Dogs, Dogs, Holidays With Pets, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets | Leave a comment
The power of plastic! This turtle likely crawled through a discarded plastic ring of a 6-pack of beer or soda when it was a baby, and now is being forever strangled in a plastic hangman’s noose! Share this if you are not OK with it. #jeffcorwin #recycle
PawMyGosh: It was a hot Florida day when Jeff Longo spotted something tiny on the sidewalk. When he looked closer, he realized it was a baby squirrel. It was lying there on the hot pavement close to death. He thought there was no way it would survive. But he was gonna do everything in his power to try and help.
He dedicated the next three months of his life nursing the tiny squirrel. He would feed her puppy formula through a bottle, heavy cream and most importantly – give lots of love! The following pictures will take you through the amazing journey:
July 27, 2014 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animal behavior, Animal Cuteness, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Events, pet fun, Pets | Dog parties, fun, JOMP, Just One More Pet, pet fun, Pet Parties | 2 Comments
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
As I have been fighting Cancer… A battle I am gratefully winning, my furkids have not left my side. They have been a large part of my recovery!! Ask Marion
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Help Make a Difference
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Birds California cancer canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies Christmas cute dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JOMP Just One More Pet JustOneMorePet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food pet fun Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice
- Keep Your Pets Safe on the 4th of July June 30, 2015Family and friends of G.R. Gordon-Ross watch his private fireworks show at the Youth Sports Complex in Lawrence, Kan., Friday, June 28, 2013. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner) Mercury News – Originally posted on July 02, 2013: The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Hot dogs, potato salad and, of course, fireworks. But Independence […]justonemorepet
- JOMP Salutes Doggie Dads Both Two and Four Legged June 21, 2015Very few dogs have the experience of being parents these days and especially seeing their litters through the process of weaning and then actually being able to remain part of a pack with at least part of their family. Apachi is our Doggie Dad. He is a Chiweenie and here he is is watching his […]justonemorepet
- Smartest Dog In the World, Chaser – 60 Minutes With Anderson Cooper June 15, 2015By Marion Algier – Just One More Pet (JOMP) – Cross-Posted at AskMarion Anderson Cooper met Chaser, a dog who can identify over a thousand toys, and because of whom, scientists are now studying the brain of man’s best friend. Chaser is also the subject of a book: Chaser: Unlocking the Genius of the Dog […]justonemorepet
- Quebec bill changes animals from "property" to sentient beings and includes jail time for cruelty June 14, 2015By Tamara – Dog Heirs – Cross-Posted at JOMP Quebec, Canada – Animals will be considered “sentient beings” instead of property in a bill tabled in the Canadian province of Quebec. The legislation states that "animals are not things. They are sentient beings and have biological needs." Agriculture Minister Pierre Paradis proposed the bill and […] […]justonemorepet
- China, Korea, South East Asia: Stop Cooking Dogs, Any Animals, Alive June 13, 2015There is not justification for this… NONE! Not culture, not hunger, not anything!! No animal should be cooked alive! By Marion Algier – JOMP Lisa Mason - Lima, OH I love dogs. I hate any animal abuse. I just saw a picture of a dog being boiled alive. The fear and pain in his eyes […]justonemorepet
- Copycat Dog Muzzle Duct Taping Crime? June 12, 2015By Marion Algier – Just One More Pet The original case, Caitlyn in South Carolina Question for the Day…. Just how many losers and abusers are out there? Examiner.com: An adorable ten-week-old pit bull puppy is recovering in LaPlace, Louisiana after someone found him roaming along Manchester Lane in St. John the Baptist Parish late […]justonemorepet
- World’s smallest deer species born at N.Y. zoo June 9, 2015© Julie Larsen Maher/Wildlife Conservation Society/AP In this May 27, 2015 photo provided by the Wildlife Conservation Society, a southern pudu fawn walks in its enclosure at the Queens Zoo in New York. AP – NEW YORK — A tiny deer is generating a giant dose of cuteness in New York City. The Wildlife Conservation […]justonemorepet
- American Pharoah Ends Triple Crown Drought June 7, 2015By Marion Algier – Just One More Pet The Sport of Kings has its day after a 37 year drought. As with most debates involving sports, there are varying reasons for the absence of a Triple Crown champion over the past 37 years. It has as much to do with bank accounts as bloodlines, yet […]justonemorepet
- Our Weasel Of The Week!! – 06-04-15 June 6, 2015Once again, It’s time to present this week’s statuette of shame, The Golden Weasel!! Every Tuesday, the Council nominates some of the slimiest, most despicable characters in public life for some deed of evil, cowardice or corruption they’ve performed. Then we vote to single out one particular Weasel for special mention, to whom we award […]justonemorepet
- Our Weasel Of The Week Nominees!–06.02.15 June 3, 2015It’s time once again for the Watcher’s Council’s ‘Weasel Of The Week’ nominations, where we pick our choices to compete for the award of the famed Golden Weasel to a public figure who particularly deserves to be slimed and mocked for his or her dastardly deeds during the week. Every Tuesday morning, tune in for […]justonemorepet
- Keep Your Pets Safe on the 4th of July June 30, 2015
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
artiewhitefox on Smartest Dog In the World, Cha… artiewhitefox on Quebec bill changes animals fr… artiewhitefox on China, Korea, South East Asia:… artiewhitefox on World’s smallest deer sp… artiewhitefox on Unusual Friends
- Our Weasel Of The Week Nominees! 6.30.15 askmarion.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/our…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 day ago
- Watcher of Weasels watcherofweasels.org/our-weasel-of-… via @WeaselWatcherThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 day ago
- RT @gerfingerpoken: (IBD) Hillary Rodham Nixon - Even He Didn't Destroy The Tapes - ift.tt/1DmAuLM - #IBDeditorials - http://t.co/…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 days ago
- RT @FoxNews: Poll shows 69% are worried about Islamic extremists attacking the homeland. #SpecialReport http://t.co/8oLa33h7vzThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 days ago
- RT @TrucksHorsesDog: Reminder~PC leads to Tyranny 🚨 #ObamaDestroyingAmerica #WakeUpAmerica #PJNET #TCOT #CCOT http://t.co/zZ7eo2rZFeThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 days ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!