By Marion Algier – JOMP
Big Dog and Calf are virtually same size and new best friends
March 21, 2015 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animal behavior, Animal Cuteness, animals, Dogs, Dogs, Pet Friendship and Love, We Are All God's Creatures | animal friendship, Big Dogs, calf, cute, cute animal photos, friendship, JOMP, pet friendship | 1 Comment
December 30, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Animal and Pet Photos, Chihuahua, Chiweenie, Dogs, Dogs, Holidays With Pets, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets | Angel, Angelina, Annabelle, Apachi, Cats, Chihuahaus, Chiweenies, Christmas for pet people, Christmas pet photos, cute, dogs, guinea pigs, holidays, holidays with pets, Merlin, pet fun, pet santa photos, Precious, Princess | 9 Comments
December 27, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animal behavior, Holidays With Pets, Just One More Pet, pet fun, Pets | Cats, Christmas, cute, holidays, holidays with pets, JOMP, Just One More Pet, kittens, pet fun | 1 Comment
Rescues Rock! Adopt Don’t Shop and Let’s Stop Puppy Mills.
Happy Holidays and Thank You to all the adoptable rockin’ rescues and staff at the Toronto Humane Society (www.torontohumanesociety.com) & the cast of the Rescues Rock! Talent Hounds Campaign and upcoming TV Episode (the Pet Network 2014). This campaign aims to dispel the myth that Rescued Dogs have issues that can’t be solved with love and patience or are not trainable, and to promote adoption and responsible pet parenting in a fun way.
Rescues Rock! Adopt Don’t Shop.
The Singing Rescue Rock Stars are all adoptable dogs at the Toronto Humane Society. Consider taking one home or making a donation.
Our other Rockin’ stars are happily adopted from Boston Terrier Rescue Canada http://www.bostonterrierrescuecanada….
Boxer Rescue Ontario http://www.boxerrescueontario.com/
Helping Homeless Pets
Tiny Paws Dog Rescue http://www.tpdr.ca/
Pugalug Pug Rescue http://www.pugalug.com/
Fabulous photos by Colleen Yates and Aria Evans. Videographer James Yates. Editor Aria Evans THANK YOU!!!!!
December 24, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Dogs, Dogs, Fostering and Rescue, Holidays With Pets, Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, NO KILL NATION, Pet Friendship and Love, Pets, Stop Euthenization, We Are All God's Creatures | adopt a pet today, Adopt Just One More Pet, Christmas, Christmas for pet people, cute, holidays, holidays with pets, JOMP, Just One More Pet, rescues, save a life, WoC | 1 Comment
Video: Cute Christmas Animals
December 16, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, animals, Dogs, Dogs, Holidays With Pets, Just One More Pet, pet fun, Pets | Christmas, cute, JOMP, Just One More Pet, pets and holidays | 1 Comment
Sent to me by a dear friend… Freckles:
Barracuda Brigade - By Elizabeth Hawkes – Originally Posted 11/19/13
THE VILLAGES, FL – My husband, Gregory and I attended former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin’s book signing, where she showcased her newest book, “Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas (Kindle),” on Monday, November 18th at Barnes & Noble Booksellers on Old Camp Road.
Gov. Palin is no stranger to The Villages. On September 21, 2008 at Lake Sumter Landing Market Square, Gov. Palin held her first public rally as John McCain’s newly appointed running mate and attracted thousands from around the state and nation.
On this special day, the book store had opened hours earlier from their normal hours of operation correctly anticipating a large crowd to meet Sarah Palin.
Gov. Palin is not only the former governor of Alaska but the first woman Republican vice-presidential candidate in American history.
She has written best sellers Going Rogue: An American Life (Kindle) and America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag (Kindle). She is in Time Magazine’s 2010 “100 Most Influential People,” the star of Sarah Palin’s Alaska television series, and a Fox News contributor.
As soon as we arrived at 7:30 a.m., after a harried parking job and mad anticipatory dash to the entrance of the book store, we each purchased a copy of Gov. Palin’s new book and obtained color-coded wristbands.
Barnes & Noble began distributing wristbands, thirty minutes before our arrival. and by early afternoon, 750 were given out. Both the wristbands and a Barnes & Noble receipt were a requirement to get in line for the book signing.
To my heartbroken dismay, our puppy, Freckles, was not welcomed in the store. She had accompanied us on the long three-hour drive to the book signing from our home in Port Saint Lucie, FL.
We were informed, by a very nice store manager, that it would be necessary for us to take turns standing in line and watching over her.
Freckles was understandably disappointed that she would not be able to meet Sarah Palin as she had done at a former book signing with Gov. Palin’s father and brother.
So, we decided that I would stand in line first while Gregory sat outside at a table with Freckles. The weather was lovely and the book signing patrons friendly offering Freckles a hand shake and a gentle fur stroking. My husband informed me by cell phone, that despite all the favorable attention and kisses, Freckles continued to whimper and cry for her mommy.
Gregory P. Hawkes with Freckles
A year earlier, at the same Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Freckles proudly strolled into the store and met Chuck Heath, Sr. and Jr. during a book signing for their wonderfully gripping newly released book, Our Sarah: Made in Alaska (Kindle).
If you haven’t purchased this book yet, please do so immediately. It is filled with photos and anecdotes of adventures from the Alaskan wilderness to the center stage of a 2008 presidential election.
We had a lovely long visit with the handsome and engaging Heath men, discussing the Mainstream Media’s misrepresentation of Sarah, the beauty of Alaska, and the exciting sport of hunting.
I fondly remember Chuck Sr. asking, while holding and petting Freckles, “what is this breed good for?”. My husband replied, “you’re looking at it,” and we broke out in raucous laughter.
Our book signing adventure with Gov. Palin was just as exciting as with the Heaths and will always be one of the most memorable highlights of our lives.
As I was standing in line anticipating a long 90-minute wait before Gov. Palin was scheduled to arrive, we were informed, by the Barnes & Noble staff, that Sarah Palin would be arriving a half hour early. Since it was still only 8:30 a.m. when we were given the news that Gov. Palin would be arriving at 9:30 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m., the crowd became noticeably more excited and jubilant.
Barnes and Noble further accommodated us with trays of coffee and cookies. Life was good. I was texting, surfing the ‘Net with free WiFi, making new conservative friends and Gov. Palin was only an hour away!
The time flew by quickly chatting with newly made friends.
Then Gov. Palin arrived and the line starting moving forward faster then anticipated.
We reached a point where it was necessary, for security reasons, to store our bags, cameras and phones with the bookstore staff.
The line moved forward again. I saw a tall security guard standing before me as the line curved sharply to the left.
Now, 10 people stood between me and Gov. Palin who was seated at a long table with her beautiful daughter, Piper, and attending staff.
My breathing quickened and my eyes filled with tears of joy as I watched Gov. Palin interact with fans and supporters.
Only four individuals now left between me and the Governor and it would soon be my turn.
“If I’m for Christmas, it’s only because I’m for Christ…”, Gov. Palin wrote in her book, “Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas (Kindle)”, which can be purchased by going on-line here.
As a side note, The Villages Tea Party had set-up shop prior to Gov. Palin’s arrival in the parking lot in front of Barnes & Noble Booksellers. How very fitting.
This story of the connection people feel to Sarah Palin is an example of why Palin is here to stay. She connects with middle America, average Americans, real people with real problems and concerns… because she is one of them; a hard working mother of five… including one with special needs and one who served honorably in the military, married to a blue color worker and union member that takes part in and has won the Iditarod competition, who got tired of the bad politics in Alaska and decided to get involved and make a difference… which she did and still does make a difference every day. If you don’t know her story, you really should checkout: DVD: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated and Sarah Palin – The Undefeated with Going Rogue: An American Life mp3 Audiobook
December 16, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | animal behavior, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Dogs, Dogs, Just One More Pet, Pet Friendship and Love, Pets, Unusual Stories | Americana, Book, cute, dogs, events, Florida, furkids, Iditarod, JOMP, Just One More Pet, Palin, Pet Parents, politics, politics and pets | 8 Comments
Video: Advent Advent Christmas Dog
“Imagine the ideal designer dog. It would be smart, healthy and hypoallergenic. It would have the yap bred out and longevity bred in. And, most important, it would never lose its puppy face.”
With the help of a geneticist and reproductive veterinarian, the tribrid or “triple cross” was created by Linda and Steve Rogers of Timshell Farm in Pine, Ariz.
With a price tag ranging from $2,000 to $3,500, the cava-poo-chon combines the best of the three breeds, Linda Rogers said. She added that there is no reason they can’t live for 20 years. The Rogers’ offer a choice of color and two types of coat – curly or very curly, she said.
“There’s always been a market for these forever-ish young dogs,” said veteran trainer Steve Haynes of Fidelio Dog Works in Austin who is working with 50 first-generation cava-poo-chons.
The American Kennel Club does not however recognize the cava-poo-chon. “AKC does not recognize cross-bred or mixed breed dogs as official breeds,” spokeswoman Lisa Peterson said. “These dogs are the product of two purebred parents of different breeds, resulting in a litter of mixed breed puppies, not a new breed, according to our requirements.”
Certainly a face you couldn’t help but love!!
November 22, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal or Pet Related Stories, Dogs, Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pets, Unusual Stories | Cava-poo-chon, cute, Designer Dogs, Dog Breed, dogs, JOMP, Just One More Pet, Puppy-Face | 1 Comment
Video: Music Makes This Dog Smile
November 6, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, pet fun, Pets | cute, dogs, JOMP, Just One More Pet, Music, Retriever | 1 Comment
November 3, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Animal and Pet Photos, Dogs, Dogs, Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, On The Lighter Side, Pet Friendship and Love, pet fun, Pets | cute, dogs, French bulldogs, fun, JOMP, Pet Photos, Pets, photos | 2 Comments
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
As I have been fighting Cancer… A battle I am gratefully winning, my furkids have not left my side. They have been a large part of my recovery!! Ask Marion
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Help Make a Difference
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Birds California cancer canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies Christmas cute dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JOMP JustOneMorePet Just One More Pet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food pet fun Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies puppy mills pups rabbits Rainbow Bridge reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice
- In Memory of Rocky – Until We Meet Again on Rainbow Bridge August 30, 2015By JoAnn, Marion, and Tim Algier This past week, we lost our dear family member Rocky who had just outlived his “huep – na-napbdad”, Tom, by just a few months. His perspective would have been interesting!! Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been […]justonemorepet
- In Memory of Rocky – Until We Meet Again on Rainbow Bridge August 29, 2015By JoAnn, Marion, and Tim Algier This past week, we lost a dear family member, Rocky, who had just outlived his “human pet-dad”, Tom, by just a few months. It certainly would have been interesting to know what they thought and what experiences they had had in common!! Just this side of heaven is a […]justonemorepet
- Panda Accused of Faking Pregnancy To Get Better Food, Air Conditioning August 1, 2015Expectant pandas are moved to air-conditioned rooms and showered with more buns, fruit and bamboo. By Dominique Mosbergen – News Editor, The Huffington Post – Posted: 07/30/2015 12:57 AM EDT | Edited: 07/31/2015 02:07 PM EDT Pandas Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan, names together mean "reunion", eat bamboo at a panda base in Ya’an, southwest […]justonemorepet
- Dachshund Family Photo | Picture Furrfect July 20, 2015Video: Dachshund Family Photo | Picture Furrfectjustonemorepet
- They Were Dead Puppy Parts Instead of Dead Baby July 16, 2015Bristol Palin: Fellow SixSeeds blogger Zeke Pipher has a great question: If they were dead puppy parts, or parts from homosexual babies, or babies that self-identified as adults, it’d be a different story. Meaning, it would be a story. But as it is, the fact that these fetuses don’t look like puppies, and their sexual […]justonemorepet
- Bob’s Full House July 13, 2015Photo: Cute Overload - Full Housejustonemorepet
- Keep Your Pets Safe on the 4th of July June 30, 2015Family and friends of G.R. Gordon-Ross watch his private fireworks show at the Youth Sports Complex in Lawrence, Kan., Friday, June 28, 2013. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner) Mercury News – Originally posted on July 02, 2013: The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Hot dogs, potato salad and, of course, fireworks. But Independence […]justonemorepet
- JOMP Salutes Doggie Dads Both Two and Four Legged June 21, 2015Very few dogs have the experience of being parents these days and especially seeing their litters through the process of weaning and then actually being able to remain part of a pack with at least part of their family. Apachi is our Doggie Dad. He is a Chiweenie and here he is is watching his […]justonemorepet
- Smartest Dog In the World, Chaser – 60 Minutes With Anderson Cooper June 15, 2015By Marion Algier – Just One More Pet (JOMP) – Cross-Posted at AskMarion Anderson Cooper met Chaser, a dog who can identify over a thousand toys, and because of whom, scientists are now studying the brain of man’s best friend. Chaser is also the subject of a book: Chaser: Unlocking the Genius of the Dog […]justonemorepet
- Quebec bill changes animals from "property" to sentient beings and includes jail time for cruelty June 14, 2015By Tamara – Dog Heirs – Cross-Posted at JOMP Quebec, Canada – Animals will be considered “sentient beings” instead of property in a bill tabled in the Canadian province of Quebec. The legislation states that "animals are not things. They are sentient beings and have biological needs." Agriculture Minister Pierre Paradis proposed the bill and […] […]justonemorepet
- In Memory of Rocky – Until We Meet Again on Rainbow Bridge August 30, 2015
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
- RT @thehill: State Dept probe reportedly finds that agency improperly overpaid Clinton aide Huma Abedin: hill.cm/tw6hjyd http://t.co…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @alvedaking: Alveda King: God harvests souls. The devil harvests baby body parts. Read my blog @ bit.ly/1M1nQFi. Comment and sha…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @RNRKentucky: .@SenAlexander Infanticide not enough! PP now butchers aborted babies for PARTS! #DefundPP #PJNET #RedNationRising http://…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @ullikemike: “@USABillOfRights: Judge Who Blocked PP Videos RAISED $230k For OBAMA therightscoop.com/judge-who-bloc… #PPSellsBabyParts http://t.co/…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
- RT @angelacarwile: 💥Does #CecilTheLion's life matter more than #AnotherBoy & his "parts"?💥 #DefundPP #PPSellsBabyParts #RedNationRising ht…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 year ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!
March 2017 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.