What is Wrong With People??
January 9, 2014
This has become an ongoing scenario during the summer and winter seasons.
Extreme weather, hot or cold, has threatened or claimed the lives of many animals left outdoors without proper shelter or provisions. We are constantly being warned of the dangers of exposure to these conditions, and are directed to bring our pets inside during these times.
Winter’s frigid temperatures bring frostbite, hypothermia, and possible death for animals. But despite the warnings, we continue to see reports of animals being forced to suffer and attempt to survive.
Ronald Eugene Haines’ dog wasn’t a survivor.
On Wednesday, January 8, around 1 p.m, his dog was found frozen to the floor of its doghouse behind Haines’ home on Front Street in Curtin Township.
Haines, 46, of Centre County, has been charged with cruelty to animals by state police.
Unfortunately, it’s legal in PA for pets to be kept outdoors as long as they have proper shelter, food, and water. But District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller states:
“When the weather gets this low, it’s against the law because you have to have adequate housing of your pet. When it’s this cold, it’s impossible to have housing that’s adequate.”
Haines was issued a ticket for a summary offense. If found guilty, he may face a few hundred dollar fine.
Investigators said neighbors called a state dog warden to report Haines. Miller said in the days leading up to the cold weather, numerous warnings were issued about the dangers of leaving pets outdoors.
“It’s proven what we’re saying. It’s a sad reminder why we’ve been saying it and I’m sad that we failed,” Miller said. “We were hoping to not see this happen."
We ask people to be vigilant and report abuse to your local animal control, police, SPCA, or humane society concerning any animal you find without proper shelter or provisions during extreme weather conditions. Your voice may be the one that saves the life of an animal in need of help.
Don’t delay or wait for someone else to do it — it might end up being too late.
I don’t know about you, but a few hundred dollar fine doesn’t cut it for me!!!
January 11, 2014 Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Health, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | 2 Comments
Have you seen this video from last month showing a dying dog living in a trash pile in L.A.? The video’s notes say that the dog had been living there for months– why would the people who knew that not call for help months sooner?!!
Miley is now doing great now. buy this type of thing is happening to America’s pets more and more. In Detroit alone, there are 50,000 or more abandoned dogs roaming the streets, living in vacant homes and reverting to dangerous pack behavior… adding just another aspect to the crisis in that city.
The fact that we euthanize three to four MILLION dogs and cats a year according to the Humane Society says a lot about our country and us as people. Essentially means nationwide, about half of the dogs and cats in animal shelters are put to death mostly because of human laziness and irresponsibility.
Innocent puppies and kittens, dogs and cats, and other animals are being set in a gas chamber to choke to death or given lethal injections. They haven’t done anything wrong and have no idea why they’ve been abandoned and sentenced to die.
It is time that we do a better job of matching animals with homes, encouraging people to adopt an extra pet and developing a better foster system as well as spay and neutering our pets. In some areas we animals are still allowed to roam freely. And if you know of animal neglect or abuse, or even suspect, report it or step in. If you see a loose dog, help it. And helping our friends, neighbors and family look out for their furry family members, especially during tough times. is something we can all do!
Thank God Miley was rescued, but there are millions more who need our help… millions of dogs, cats, animals of all kinds will be rounded up, stuck in cages, and then put to death after a few humans peeked into their cells for a second but passed them by. Or perhaps no one stopped by at all.
We need to stop the abuse and needless killing of pets, animals of all kinds, as well as human babies in America!
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals … and its weakest members.” …Mahatma Gandhi
January 7, 2014 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Animal Abandonement, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Dogs, Dogs, Fostering and Rescue, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, NO KILL NATION, Outreach for Pets, Pet Abuse, Pets, Political Change, responsible pet ownership, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | 1 Comment
CNN Video: Dogs slaughtered for meat in Vietnam
Please get involved and help stop the slaughter of dogs in Vietnam and the dog meat trade around the world
December 29, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Abuse, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty | Asia, CNN, cruelty, dog meat, Eating Dogs, get involved, JOMP, Just One More Pet, man's best friend, Stop Dog Meat Trade, stop the killing, Vietnam | 7 Comments
Please get involved… Someone almost always sees, hears or suspects something, whether it is animal, spousal, child, elder or any abuse situation but often look the other way or think it isn’t their business or problem. Torture, murder, and abuse are everyone’s business and problem.
Join the fight and stop the pain, stop the killing, stop abuse of all kinds today!!
And if you know or hear anything about this situation… please contact Newark AHS
December 28, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, animals, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pets, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | dogs, get involved, JOMP, Just One More Pet, Murder, New Jersey, Pets, stop animal abuse, stop euthanization, stop the killing | 9 Comments
November 4, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Animal and Pet Photos, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Animal Rescues, animals, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, We Are All God's Creatures | animal abusers, animal cruelty, dogfighting, dogs, get involved, Incredible Journeys, stop abuse | 3 Comments
Pets… Animals are family too and they are forever, just like children. Dogs are man’s best friend and they would never abandon you!
If you have the love in your heart and the room in your home… adopt just one more pet, or help someone to keep theirs.
And if you really can’t keep your pet(s) find them a new home… do not abandon them or take them to the shelter
November 2, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Animal Rescues, Dogs, Dogs, Fostering and Rescue, Help Familie Keep Their Pets, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, NO KILL NATION, Outreach for Pets, Pet Friendship and Love, Pets, responsible pet ownership, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences | Betrayal, choices, dogs, dogs and cats, Family, gifts, Love, Pets, Pets Are Family, responsibility | 2 Comments
Twitter: Diana L. Pizarro
If you now who this scum bucket is, know (or know of) any other scum like him or if you know of any abuse… Get-involved, Step-In if you feel you can, and definitely Report It…
Animals abusers are almost always abusers throughout their lives!!
Please share this photo with everyone you know and help find this abuser.
November 2, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Animal Related Education, Animal Rescues, Animal Rights And Awareness, animals, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, NO KILL NATION, Outreach for Pets, Pet Abuse, Pets, Stop Animal Cruelty, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | abuse, Abusers, Advocacy, animal abusers, animal advocacy, Pet Outreach, Scum, Solutions, stop abuse | 1 Comment
When atrocities happen or have continued to happen (like this one) for years, whether it is against women, children, the elderly, or animals, they reflect on all of us and on us as a culture and a society. And for those cold hearted souls out there that actually think an animal is property for their owner to treat and abuse as they wish, the realization is that animal abusers are often child, spousal, and elder abusers and bullies in general as well, who often get their start as animal abusers as a first step and then graduate to those crimes if they are not stopped!! Get-involved!! We are all God’s creatures and it is each of our responsibilities to stand-up for those weaker than we are or in all abusive situations.
“Hearts are heavy as we share the sad news that the male pit bull that was injured in a case of animal abuse last week has died. His condition was such that we could not ensure his quality of life, and we made the compassionate decision to euthanize him."
Capital Area Humane staff and volunteers did all they could to save him. But the male dog found in the Tamarack Circle neighborhood had severe injuries to his head and brain, thought to be caused by multiple blows to the head.
The Humane Society of the United States is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for beating the Columbus, Ohio pit bull.
Anyone with any information on the dog is asked to contact the Capital Area Humane Society at (614) 777-7387 ext. 250.
"Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done."-The moral of the story…Just do it!"
October 19, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | 3 Comments
Detroit Is Going To The Dogs – Literally
JoshuaPundit: As Detroit continues to circle the drain, there’s yet another hazard to contend with – an estimated 50,000 stray dogs roaming the streets and vacant homes menacing residents and city workers.
To make it even more interesting, pit bulls dominate the dog packs, due to the popularity of the breed in the largely black city as watchdogs and for dog fighting.
Many of the dogs have simply been abandoned and left to fend for themselves as the owners move on, something uniquely cruel when it comes the Man’s Best Friend. The dogs often roam in packs and shelter in Detroit’s abandoned homes, where rats can also be hunted as a food source.
And the bankrupt city, as things stand right now, can’t really do much about it.
“With these large open expanses with vacant homes, it’s as if you designed a situation that causes dog problems,” said Harry Ward, head of animal control.
Ward has four officers to cover the 139-square-mile (360-square-kilometer) city seven days a week, 11 fewer than when he first took over animal control in 2008. He has one dog-bite investigator, down from three.
Back in July, the City shelters actually had to stop picking up stray animals for a month because the city hadn’t paid a service that hauls away euthanized animals for cremation at a cost of about $20,000 a year. The freezers were packed with carcasses, and pens were full of live animals until that bill was paid.
In some particularly bad areas, the U.S. Postal Service has had to temporarily halt mail delivery in some neighborhoods because of attacks by aggressive dogs, said Ed Moore, a Detroit-area spokesman. He said there were 25 reports of mail carriers bitten by dogs in Detroit from October through July.
Another problem is that many of the residents of Detroit who still remain and own dogs aren’t bothering to get them neutered, are not getting them their rabies or distemper shots and are simply letting them wander. There simply isn’t any budget to enforce these measures any more.
Yes, there are a number of jokes I could make here, but to tell you the truth, I feel sorry for the dogs. They at least did nothing to create this and deserve better.
September 23, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | Adopt Just One More Pet, animal behavior, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, NO KILL NATION, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Unusual Stories, We Are All God's Creatures | ACE Hardware, animal activists, Detroit, JOMP, Pit Bulls, Please Help, stray dogs, strays | 3 Comments
This is appalling on many levels but should worry every animal lover from that aspect alone. This is also not an isolated incident of excessive force used against animals and their owners!!
I am not getting involved in the entire event here… but I am concerned with the over-reaction and excessive force used against the dog!!
July 27, 2013 Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Dogs, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, NO KILL NATION, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | brutality against animals, brutality against dogs, dogs, excessive force, police | 5 Comments
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies Christmas cute dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JOMP Just One More Pet JustOneMorePet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food pet fun Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies Puppy puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice
- Rare baby camel makes his debut at a zoo in Hungary April 16, 2014Yahoo: Budapest (AFP) – A baby camel of the endangered wild Bactrian or Camelus bactrianus ferus species made a first appearance at Budapest Zoo on Tuesday, following its birth last week. Baby Ilias, a male, was born on April 9, to its eight-year-old mother, Iris, whose maternal line has lived at the zoo for several […]justonemorepet
- Does your dog see Ghosts? I think My Aspen did… April 15, 2014No Dog About It Blog: I was listening to a local radio station the other morning when the radio host shared a freaky story with all his listeners. It reminded me of my late dog Aspen. The radio host shared that he had been at home napping with his dog when the dog moved and […]justonemorepet
- Flying Squirrels April 13, 2014Flying squirrels, scientifically known as Pteromyini or Petauristini, are a tribe of 44 species of squirrels. The flying squirrel is not capable of powered flight like birds or bats; instead, they glide between trees. They are capable of obtaining lift within the course of these flights, with flights recorded to 90 meters. The direction and […]justonemorepet
- A Pet’s Plea April 8, 2014If it should be that I grow frail and weak And pain should keep me from my sleep Then you muct do what must be done For this, the last battle, can’t be won. You will be sad- I understand Don’t let your grief then stay your hand For this day, more than all the […]justonemorepet
- Gentle Giant… Befriends Some Cuddly Chicks April 1, 2014The unlikely friendship between a golden retriever and flock of fluffy chicks is revealed in a series of close-up photos By Sadie Whitelocks - MailOnline: PUBLISHED: 14:48 EST, 31 March 2014 | UPDATED: 16:05 EST, 31 March 2014 – Los Angeles-based photographer Candice Sedighan, 21, decided to demonstrate just how ‘gentle’ her pet dog Champ […]justonemorepet
- Voiceless Friends… Stop the Dog Meat Trade April 1, 2014Voiceless Friends: Animal Equality and Last Chance for Animals have undertaken an intensive investigation into slaughterhouses and the dog meat markets in the Leizhou peninsula and the rest of the province of Guangdong in China. Dogs raised for the meat markets are often taken from the street or stolen from families. These animals are kept […]justonemorepet
- Todd Palin Excited to Bring Iditarod to TV March 31, 2014Todd Palin Hosts Iditarod Unleashed Palin-Cruz 2016: Iditarod Unleashed got Todd Palin to host: Sportsman Channel debuted its Iditarod Unleashed series on Tuesday March 25, 2014, getting a little help from none other than Iron Dog champ Todd Palin. Todd, the husband of former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, is ho […]justonemorepet
- Comfort Dogs Bring Hope to Mudslide Rescue Workers Amid the Rubble March 29, 2014What’s This? Sumi, a 6-year-old Akita, is a comfort dog; that spent time at the Oso Fire Department Thursday with rescue workers following last weekend’s deadly mudslide. Image: Kurt Wagner – Mashable By Kurt Wagner/Mashable OSO, Wash. — The idea of dog as man’s best friend took on a whole new meaning in the small […]justonemorepet
- California man who drugged and raped dog has been sentenced to prison March 28, 2014Examiner: According to Wednesday’s Los Angeles Times, a 22-year-old San Pedro, Calif., man who sexually assaulted a family’s dog, has been sentenced to prison time. On Tuesday, Christopher Caceres, who was charged for repeated sexual attacks on a neighbor’s pet Akita, pleaded guilty to charges of animal cruelty and first-degree burglary. Caceres’ act of best […]justonemorepet
- Judge decides Mickey the pit bull will live, but there are restrictions March 26, 2014Saved… Fairness by The Associated Press and azfamily.com - See Video report by Erika Flores - Posted on March 25, 2014 at 1:36 PM - Updated today at 6:46 PM PHOENIX — A judge has decided that a pit bull that mauled a 4-year-old boy last month in Phoenix should not be euthanized. Municipal Court […]justonemorepet
- Rare baby camel makes his debut at a zoo in Hungary April 16, 2014
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
artiewhitefox on Judge decides Mickey the pit b… The Wrap at Ask Mari… on Tribute to Movie Dogs –… The Wrap at Ask Mari… on Every Dog Has Its Data The Wrap at Ask Mari… on One dog changes the lives of t… The Wrap at Ask Mari… on Dogs Lovin the Water
- RT @NBCLA: A 3-year-old boy who had gone missing was found safe inside an arcade claw machine 4.nbcla.com/1l1GuQT http://t.co/mxjF0K6L48There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 11 hours ago
- RT @steve0423: The new America... Where illegal cattle are detained and ILLEGALS ALIENS are allowed to roam free!! #tcot http://t.co/voUV4H…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 11 hours ago
- Watcher’s Council Nominations – Yippee-Ki-Yay Edition wp.me/p1dXJI-5KYThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 11 hours ago
- RT @commonpatriot: via @weaselzippers: Report: Prince Charles Sided With Iran After They Issued Death Fatwa On Salman Rushdie… http://t.co/…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 11 hours ago
- Palin to Return to Heals On, Gloves Off Rally… SHEpac wp.me/p1dXJI-5KNThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 11 hours ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!