Demand Justice for Dog Tortured and Killed by Owner – PETITION
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009
Mr. Robert Suttles, Somerset, KY, has demonstrated a total disregard for the life and health of his devoted canine companion “Bowser.” 911 (Sheriff’s Department) has been called in the past to the home of Mr. Suttles where neighbors had observed that he refused to give his dog the basics for sustenance: food and water. Emergency personnel would not seize the dog “since no ribs were showing.” On other occasions they refused to respond to the 911 calls.
In retaliation for the neighbors’ calls, on June 30, 2009, Mr. Suttles demonstrated his “dominance” over this animal. Boasting of his ability to treat his own dog as he liked, he proceeded to pour antifreeze onto bread and to stuff this deadly concoction in Bowser’s mouth, holding the mouth closed so that Bowser could not spit it out and had to swallow it. Mr. Suttles performed this act of cruelty in front of neighbors and other witnesses. Death from antifreeze poisoning is one of the cruelest deaths.
Bowser was unable to regain standing position after this poisoning as he was in severe pain from the deadly food. Mr. Suttles left Bowser outside in pain for two full days (no food, water, meds, comfort) until he went outside to Bowser, kicked him viciously in the head until Bowser finally died. At this point, on July 2, 2009, he dragged the lifeless body across his yard to a burn barrel and proceeded to burn Bowser’s body that night, leaving no opportunity for necropsy. But there were witnesses to his vile and heinous acts. Witnesses who are willing to testify to his heinous acts.
On July 20, 2009, charges against Mr. Suttles were finally filed. He has been charged with second degree animal cruelty and harassment and a $7,500 bail has been set. Mr. Suttles tried to plead to lesser charges but Judge Woods set trial for Monday, August 28, 2009, at a time to be determined later, in order for the DA to interview witnesses and gather facts.
On the night of the burning of the body, the Sheriff was called to Mr. Suttles, but made himself unavailable to help.
This is not the first time that Mr. Suttles has been involved in documented cruelty to animals. He has bragged about killing another dog in March 2009. And he has been seen throwing food (laced with antifreeze?) over another neighbor’s fence to her goats.
Somerset KY has experienced many unexplained deaths of domestic animals by antifreeze poisoning and other means. It has been suggested that Mr. Suttles may be behind those acts as well, but we do not have evidence to support that at this time.
Somerset KY is a nice community with good neighbors who love and care for their domestic animals. If “Bowser,” a beautiful black lab mix, had become a burden to Mr. Suttles, he could have surrendered Bowser to the Humane Society for rehoming. Instead, he willingly and viciously killed his own dog in a most horrendous way, with witnesses around who were unable to stop him or get the law to arrest him at the time of the assault.
It is time to get justice for Bowser! Please read below and then sign the petition. The petition will be sent to the Judge and DA on the Friday before the trial.
Urge the District Attorney for Pulaski County, KY (Somerset) to prosecute Defendant Mr. Robert Suttles, Somerset, KY, for the maximum charges allowable by law as a result of his egregious acts of animal cruelty and harassment against his dog Bowzer.
Urge Judge Woods (or the sitting judge for the trial) to find Mr. Robert Suttles “Guilty” (Note from Deanna: I believe this may be a jury trial from information I found researching this) on all counts of animal cruelty charged against him and to sentence him to the fullest amount of time for such charges. Urge Judge Woods to require that he complete at least 75% of his sentence in jail, that the remainder of the sentence be community service to a NON-animal related agency (you can’t trust him around animals), and bar him from forever owning a domestic animal again (dog, cat, etc.) Any other animals in the home shall be surrendered to the Pulaski County Humane Society for the purpose of rehoming in a loving home. Finally, Mr. Suttles should be required to reimburse the Pulaski County Humane Society $xxx.xx for the care given to Bowser before his death. If any expenses have already been donated by the public, Mr. Suttles should still be fined at least $1,500, with the monies going to the Humane Society for the purpose of helping document and obtain veterinary and humane care, for future cases of cruelty.
In light of recent notorious cases such as the Michael Vick dogfighting case, we in Pulaski County need to send a clear message to our residents and other residents of Kentucky that such acts of cruelty will not be tolerated and will be fully pursued and prosecuted.
We appreciate your time in reading this petition and again we urge you to send a clear message of justice on behalf of the late Bowser.
Concerned Citizens of Somerset, KY, Pulaski County
Concerned Animal Advocates of Kentucky, Tennessee, and other states
The Pulaski County Humane Society
Please write, call, fax, or email the public officials in Pulaski County and give them your opinion on this case. As always, we ask that you be polite and stick to the facts. Hysteria and cursing (or worse!) will only harm our cause. You don’t need to write a long letter. Just let the DA and Judge know that the citizens of Pulaski County will no longer tolerate a “slap on the wrist” to perpetrators of animal cruelty. See below.
District Judge Katie Wood
402 Grande Avenue
Somerset, KY 42501
104 North Main Street
Somerset KY 42501
Pulaski County Judge Executive
P.O. Box 712
Somerset, KY 42502
606-678-4853 – phone
606-679-8642 – fax
Sheriff Todd Wood
Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department
P.O. Box 752
Somerset, KY 42502
Phone: (606) 678-5145
Fax (606) 679-3119
The information above came directly from the petition which you can signHERE. Oddly enough I could find no media coverage of this horrendous crime but as the petition is sponsored in part by the humane society and the trial is on the docket, I will accept the facts as laid out.
This dog was routinely starved, then poisoned and kicked to death then had his tortured body burned to try to hide the crime! There is no excuse for the suffering inflicted on this innocent creature!! We must demand justice!!!
What this waste of human life did was to cruelly torture this poor dog in a vicious power play, taunt and harass his neighbors and witnesses and someone almost get away with this crime!! He needs to be punished severely and there needs to be justice for Bowser, tortured and killed for no reason except for some POS to play his power game.
Please, I ask that you not only sign the petition but to call and write!! This is one dangerous psychopath and if he’s on the streets, his neighbors fear retribution as do the witnesses who are scared but willing to set that fear aside and testify to try to get justice for “just a dog” against a bully!!
Help to get the word out and share this with anyone who has a heart and cares!! Only through our action can we make a difference!!
Again, here’s the PETITION!
Now for the important part; the charges for this crime can be upgraded to a Class D Felony under Romero’s Law!! For some reason the County Attorney wants to leave it a 2nd Degree Misdemeanor… No Way!! I don’t think so!! There is no way you can know the details of this and not see it as the torture that it is.
Please, please, please… keep in mind that time is short…
Contact County Attorney (Bill Thompson) or the Assistant County Attorney (Dan Thompson – Bill’s brother) to refer this case to the Commonwealth Attorney (Eddie Montgomery) for prosecution as a Class D felony under Romeo’s Law.
County Attorney’s office
PO Box 5
Somerset, KY 42502-0005.
Phone at: (606) 679-4449 or (606) 679-4440.
It really is time for the laws against animal cruelty to be updated and stiffened!!!! let’s use this case as a springboard to launch that campaign!!
- Military Punishment for Dog Killer, Abuser a Joke! No Justice! VIDEO
- Charges in Dog Beating Upgraded to Felony
- Dog Dead After Neighbor Beats it for Barking – VIDEO
- Two Teens Torture, Kill Family Dog – VIDEO
- Man “Regularly Beat Dog with Shovel Handle”
- Community Service for Dog Killer
- Teen Who Killed Kitten Only to Serve One Year in Prison
- Humane Society of the U.S. finally changes its policy on fighting dogs
- Teen Kills Kitten in Oven; Faces 10-Year Sentence
- Is Your Pet a Voiceless Victim of the Tanking Economy?
- Where there is a will…
- Warning Signs That Your Child’s Behavior Is Dangerous To Pets
- Jesse Compares Michael Vick to Jackie Robinson
- Not Everyone Wants Michael Vick to Come Back
- Brooklyn Woman Assaults Two ASPCA Agents
- Speak Out For Those Who Cannot Speak For Themselves… Always Stand-up for Them and Join the ASPCA
- Don’t Think for a Minute that Dogs (or any pet) Can Survive in a Hot Car
- Joan of Ark – Joanie’s Story
- Help Feed Hungry Pets
- Father Arrested for Allegedly Killing Family Dog in Front of Children
- Domestic and Animal Abuse
- Glenn Beck – Teen punks murder American Hero’s Dog
- Alabama Dog Fighting Bust
- Ohio Woman 75, Accused of Beating Fawn to Death
- 18-year-old Charged in Florida Cat Mutilations
- And the Verdict is… GUILTY!! YES!!!
- Brooklyn Man Arrested for Neglecting Aging Pet
Posted: Just One More Pet
August 24, 2009 - Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Change Number of Pet Restrictive Laws. Ordinances and Rules, Just One More Pet, Pet Abuse, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | Animal Abuse Petition, Be Their Voice, Class D Felony under Romero’s Law, Concerned Animal Advocates of Kentucky Tennessee and other states, Concerned Citizens of Somerset KY Pulaski County, Demand Justice for Killed and Abused Animals, Demand Justice for Tortured Dog, District Judge Katie Wood, Dog Torture Petition, dog toture, dogs, justice for Bowser, Kentucky, need tougher sentences for animal abusers, no mercy for animal abusers, no mercy for pet abusers, Robert Suttles, Somerset Kentucky, stiffer animal abuse laws needed, stop animal abuse, Stop Animal Cruelty, stop animal neglect, stop pet neglect, The Pulaski County Humane Society, throw the book at animal abusers, Throw the book at pet abusers, tougher punishment for pet abuse, Upgrade Dog Torture Charges
3 Comments »
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
As I have been fighting Cancer… A battle I am gratefully winning, my furkids have not left my side. They have been a large part of my recovery!! Ask Marion
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Help Make a Difference
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Birds California cancer canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies Christmas cute dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JOMP Just One More Pet JustOneMorePet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food pet fun Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice
- Unusual Friends March 21, 2015By Marion Algier – JOMP Big Dog and Calf are virtually same size and new best friendsjustonemorepet
- Hermosa March 21, 2015By Marion Algier – JOMP St. Patrick’s Day Baby… Hermosa. Our niece adopted a Mustang, Eclipse, who was pregnant. Eclipse gave birth to her new baby midday; a wonderful St. Patty’s Day gift. Welcome little filly!justonemorepet
- Nevada Law Would Make ‘Pot for Pets’ Legal March 19, 2015Medical marijuana is dispensed at the Takoma Wellness Center, Oct. 10, 2014, in Takoma Park, DC. Evelyn Hockstein/The Washington Post/Getty Images ABC Health News – Mar 18, 2015, 1:54 PM ET - By LIZ NEPORENT – Cross-Posted at Just One More Pet (JOMP) and True Health Is True Wealth (THITW) A new bill introduced […]justonemorepet
- Hero Dog Saves Owner Clinically Dead for 30-Minutes March 12, 2015Life With Dogs: A woman named Joanna Mellor had her life saved after going into cardiac arrest and being clinically dead for half an hour when her dog barked until her boyfriend woke up and called for an ambulance. The UK woman was sleeping on January 2nd when she suffered a heart attack and stopped […]justonemorepet
- Good Dog: Small Dog, Big Heart February 26, 2015Illustration by John Cuneo by Wells Tower – June/July 2014 – Garden & Gun – Cross-Posted at Just One More Pet The nervous work of owning—and finally loving—a Chihuahua For many years, I thought that owners of small dogs harbored stunted souls. Parents of infant beauty queens. Weird bachelors with pet stairs by their beds. […]justonemorepet
- Dog Mourns The Heart-Breaking Loss Of His Brother January 31, 2015Brutus Cries for Brother Hank By Marion Algier – Just One More Pet The message… animals have feelings too. This shows one dog’s reaction to finding out his twin brother had passed during the night. Brutus, does not want to leave his brother Hanks side even after he’s passed away. Brutus stays close, and […]justonemorepet
- GoDaddy pulls ‘lost puppy’ Super Bowl ad after igniting firestorm on social media January 29, 2015Video: GoDaddy pulls hilarious, humorous or tasteless ‘lost puppy’ Super Bowl ad after igniting firestorm on social media -> You be the judge…justonemorepet
- In Memory of Rosie – Until We Meet Again on Rainbow Bridge January 19, 2015Rosie By Patricia D. Gillenwater Our sweet Rosie passed on to the Rainbow Bridge today after succumbing to the Big C. Rosie came into our lives in a serendipitous moment. She needed us and, after two losses of two wonderful rescue critters for extreme health issues, we needed Rosie. She was with us for nearly […]justonemorepet
- There’s Just One Thing That All Dogs Want To Know January 19, 2015By Harrison’s Natural Dog Training There’s just one thing that all dogs want to know, and they need you to answer it. Between raising the kids and making meals, working a shift, going to soccer games, swimming lessons, making time for your better half, going to the gym walking the dog..well.. the list could go […]justonemorepet
- PETA’s Palin Craziness January 7, 2015By Marion Algier – Excerpted from Our Weasel Of The Week Nominees 01-06-15 !! at Ask Marion My Weasel of the Week nominee is PETA!! . Sarah Palin posted a photo of her 6-year-old special needs son, Trig, trying to help with the dishes. Nobody immediately reacted when he said he needed help to reach […]justonemorepet
- Unusual Friends March 21, 2015
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
artiewhitefox on Unusual Friends Nevada Law Would Mak… on Canada marijuana growers use w… Nevada Law Would Mak… on More Dogs (and Cats) Getting H… Nevada Law Would Mak… on Nevada Law Would Make ‘P… Nevada Law Would Mak… on Canada marijuana growers use w…
- Watcher of Weasels watcherofweasels.org/the-council-ha… via @WeaselWatcherThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 16 hours ago
- Watcher of Weasels watcherofweasels.org/watchers-counc… via @WeaselWatcherThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 day ago
- Watcher of Weasels watcherofweasels.org/our-weasel-of-… via @WeaselWatcherThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 day ago
- Watcher of Weasels » Forum: Is America In Decline? Why Or Why Not? watcherofweasels.org/forum-is-ameri… via @WeaselWatcherThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 5 days ago
- RT @KLSouth: Reagan's Labor Expansion vs Obama's Labor Collapse: http://t.co/Z9R6Vl7LiXThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 week ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!