Collar to Keep Track of Dogs’ Temperature is in the Works
It Is Always a Bad Idea to Leave Your Pet/Any Animal in the Car… But This Would Help…
Never Leave Them in the Car on a Hot Day!
A Canadian advertising firm is creating a high-tech dog collar for people who leave their canine friends in a parked motor vehicle.
The “Dog Caller” contains a SIM card, thermistor, some LEDs and a coded chip. When the temperature around the collar reaches 26 degrees Celsius (78.8 degrees Fahrenheit) an alert is sent to an owner’s mobile phone warning them their dog’s temperature is reaching an unsafe level.
A prototype of Dog Caller has been created by the ad agency, Rethink, and the firm is planning to crowdsource production of the device, which it hopes to start selling next year at around $20 each.
Ad man Aaron Starkman explained to the Toronto Star that his concern for canine safety was raised after he had a close call with his dog Hefty overheating in his car.
Starkman left the dog in his motor vehicle while he made an anticipated quick trip into a camping store to pick up a stove. After standing in a check-out line for 20 minutes, he returned to his car to find Hefty suffering in the heat.
From that time, Starkman, a partner and creative director of Rethink, and his team at the agency began working to get the word out about protecting dogs from overheating. The agency, which is primarily known for its beer ads, created a Web campaign for "Doggy Havens," dog-friendly stores where dogs can loll in air-conditioned comfort on hot days.
“We never ever under any circumstance want anyone leaving a dog in a car," Starkman told the Star — but “if the collar does end up saving a dog in a car, we’ll obviously be thrilled in that result."
Pet applications on smartphones aren’t new. Neither is using wireless technology for canine safety. Last year, for instance, Snaptracs introduced a wireless pet tracker that snaps on a pet collar and could be used to keep tabs on a pet’s location using GPS.
In the future, it may even be possible to play with your dog during those hours when you’re away from it. Microsoft researchers have been experimenting with a robot that will play fetch with a pooch and dispense treats for good behavior.
See: Temperatures Are Rising: Be a Dog Defender: Help Save Animals This Summer! Cool Ideas for Hot Dogs – Please be proactive and vocal… you could be saving a life and definitely saving animals of a lot of suffering!!
3 Comments »
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Be Their Voice Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies companion animals dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States irresponsible pet owners JOMP JustOneMorePet Just One More Pet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice Wild Animals
- Meowsa! Do our pets go to Heaven? December 3, 2013WND: While millions of people grapple with questions about what really happens when they die, now a brand-new book is probing what might actually happen to people’s beloved pets. The title of the book asks the timeless question, “Do Our Pets Go to Heaven?” and features biblical analysis of the issue, along with amazing stories […]justonemorepet
- At the Dog Park: Red Alert Behavior Series: Tail Tucked Plus Risks to Small Dogs December 3, 2013Video: At the Dog Park: Red Alert Behavior Series: Tail Tucked Plus Risks to Small Dogs NoDogAboutIt: Over the holiday weekend, my dogs enjoyed daily visits to the dog park. They loved getting to walk in the woods every day and to meet up with some of their old friends and hang out. Daisy is […]justonemorepet
- Pip’s Monday Poem December 2, 2013 justonemorepet
- Elwood, Crowned World’s Ugliest Dog in 2007, Has Died December 1, 2013Elwood, the New Jersey canine that was crowned the world’s ugliest dog in 2007 and later became the topic of a children’s book preaching acceptance died. unexpectedly Thanksgiving morning at age. His owner, Karen Quigley, said the Chinese crested and Chihuahua mix died after having some heath issues in recent months but recently appeared to […]justonemorepet
- Advent Advent Christmas Dog December 1, 2013Video: Advent Advent Christmas Dog Advent – The Season of Anticipation and Hope – WoC 2013justonemorepet
- Happy Thanksgiving From Just One More Pet (JOMP) November 28, 2013Thanksgiving Pet Recipe of the Day Simple Roasted Organs (This is a great recipe to make up for Thanksgiving to feed your canine friends… you can substitute chicken for the turkey and add a few turkey scraps at carving time, or just bake the liver and giblets and add the warm turkey as you carve… […]justonemorepet
- Being Overweight Shaves Nearly a Year from Your Dog’s Life, Especially in These 5 Breeds November 27, 2013Story at-a-glance Recent research suggests that dogs that are overweight at middle age may not live as long as dogs of normal weight. A study of approximately 5,500 dogs from 10 different breeds showed that those who are overweight at middle age can have their lives cut short by up to 10 months. This is […]justonemorepet
- The “Not So Safe” or No-No Pet Food List November 23, 2013The following foods are not safe for dogs, cats, potbellied pigs, or guinea pigs. Never give the following foods or beverages to your pets: *Alcohol of any kind (a no-no for all animals) *Anything with Caffeine (a no-no for all animals) Avocados – especially for birds and cats Baby food if it contains onion powder […]justonemorepet
- Cava-poo-chon Never Looses Puppy Face November 22, 2013The cava-poo-chon is a cavalier King Charles spaniel and bichon frise mix-bred with a miniature poodle and it’s reportedly hypoallergenic with a puppy face forever. “Imagine the ideal designer dog. It would be smart, healthy and hypoallergenic. It would have the yap bred out and longevity bred in. And, most important, it would never lose […]justonemorepet
- How to keep your dog safe during Thanksgiving holidays November 17, 2013Examiner: Now is the time you give thanks in your life for all you have; a secure place to live, food on the table, clothes on your back, your family, friends and of course the precious pets. Your dog is full of loyalty, devotion and unconditional love. There is no better time to say thank […]justonemorepet
- Meowsa! Do our pets go to Heaven? December 3, 2013
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
- RT @Grayson2014: Our two parties are one, but they want u to believe they are different, w different goals. In fact, they have 1 goal, 2 we…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 8 hours ago
- RT @AskMarion: Watcher’s Council Nominations – Lawless Edition wp.me/p1dXJI-4LRThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 8 hours ago
- Obama’s Ex-Bodyguard: Scandals ‘Worse Than You Know’ po.st/epdE3n via @po_stThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 8 hours ago
- RT @AskMarion: God Rest Ye Merry Merchants – Christmas: An American Holiday and Tradition to Love and Preserve – WoC 2013 http://t.co/XBv6Y…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 8 hours ago
- RT @AskMarion: Congressman Steve King -- President's Constitutional Duty to Faithfully Execute the Laws wp.me/p1dXJI-4LMThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 8 hours ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!
The Andreas04 Theme.