Obama admits to eating dog … fur finally flies
©2012 Nate Beeler, The Columbus Dispatch
Much has been made over the years about Mitt Romney’s decision to place the family dog Seamus in a pet carrier and strap him to the top of the family’s car during a 12-hour drive from Boston to Canada in 1983.
The story was discussed again Monday when Ann Romney told ABC’s Diane Sawyer “the dog loved” traveling that way. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation. It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.”
Democrats haven’t been shy about reminding the American people of the tale to stir the pot and work up the pet and animal people.
Then in January, Obama adviser David Axelrod tweeted a picture of the president with first dog Bo in a car and talked about how “loving owners transport their dogs.”
And now the Romney campaign has signaled it’s not about to cede any ground when it comes to a candidate’s prowess as a pet owner.
Top Romney adviser Eric Fehrnstrom, re-tweeted Axelrod’s original message with a different take on Obama petting Bo.
“In hindsight, a chilling photo.”
It all began, according to ABC News’ Jake Tapper, with a Daily Caller story about the dog-eating: Obama Bites Dog, which Obama wrote about in his book “Dreams from My Father.” The president recalls being fed dog meat as a young boy in Indonesia with his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro.
Lolo Soetoro, Stanley Ann Dunham-Obama-Soetoro, Barry Soetoro, and little sister Maya Soetoro
“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy),” the president wrote. “Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate (I believe it is still the excuse they use both under Islam and in many Asian countries, including China, for killing and eating domesticated animals, pets and endangered species… like elephants where they only use and take the tusks). One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.”
The Obama campaign shot back, saying the Romney team was attacking a child, since the president was a kid when he ate the dog meat.
“What’s the next attack @EricFehrn and the RNC will surface on a 6-10 year old?” Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt tweeted.
The media has been all too eager to share the story of how Romney put his pet carrier on the roof of the car during a family vacation in an attempt to paint the GOP candidate as heartless. But did Romney ever eat dog? No. Who did? President Obama! Someone decided to do a little homework and finally found the passage in Obama’s book where he revealed that he ate dog meat as a child. Ok media…we’re are patiently waiting for the righteous and hypocritical outrage…
In Dreams from My Father, President Obama wrote, “With Lolo I have learned how to eat small green chili peppers raw with dinner, plenty of rice, and away from the dinner people I was introduced to dog meat, tough, snake meat, tougher, and roasted grasshopper.” and then went on to write:
“This is a very low standard for me. This is a very low standard, but I think – I think it’s one that we can all get behind.
I don’t want a President who knowingly ate dog,” Glenn joked. Most people don’t!!
“The Democrats have been bashing Romney on the car carrier incident in 1983 where he left his dog on his roof,” Stu said. “This is from ABC News. Democrats have signaled that they have every intention of making sure the American people, especially dog lovers, know the tale.”
“In January senior Obama campaign strategist David Axlerod tweeted a photo of the President and Bo, his dog, in a car with the observation, ‘This is how loving dog owners transport their dogs.’”
“I would like to ask David Axlerod how do loving dog owners transport their dogs? In their bellies?” Stu said.
After Stu mentioned the tweet above, Glenn challenged viewers to submit their own photos interpreting Obama’s claim to have eaten dog.
I can only say that no matter how old you were, once you have eaten an animal that is a pet, no matter what your age you have no right to attack someone for putting his pet’s carrier on top of the car because there is no room in the car with 7-people. And you need to stop your team from attacking your opponent for doing such.
Secondly… I do not condone, in anyway, putting your dog or cat in their carrier, strapped to the top of your car. I would never do it. But believe it or not, (some) people did that in the 1950’s, ‘60’s and ‘70’s. And it was reported that Romney constructed a special windshield for the carrier, “to make the ride more comfortable for the dog.” Also how many people do you see every day in 2012 with dogs in the back of their pick-up trucks untethered in all kinds of weather and on all kinds of roads? Do you speak up?
And no matter what… transporting your dog on top of your car so he can go along instead of staying at the kennel is not the same as eating a dog… Period!!
How many of you protested the China Olympics because of their poor human rights record and their record for cruelty to animals and people, which includes both dogs and cats?
My husband spent a year in South Korea and they eat a lot of odd, different down right offensive things. He refused to eat animals like dogs, cats, monkeys and any animals that were prepared inhumanely. And I can tell you that even at age 6, I would not have knowingly eaten dog or cat meat!
With all the problems we have, this issue is just another created distraction that backfired on Team Obama who was again trying to create a big issue over the Romneys transporting their dog, like the issues they tried to create over Ann Romney being a stay at home mom and changing the conversation from ObamaCare paying for abortions with taxpayer funds and requiring religious institutions who are employers to pay for them into a war on women and an attack campaign on Rush Limbaugh. Obama’s record is abysmal and he has fires burning all around him… so Team Obama’s focus is creating distractions and diverting the conversation.
- Jihad making lives “Ruff” for Dogs in Europe; PETA Silent
- Bo Obama’s dog trainer dies at age 52 (Jan. 2011)
- Muslims in Spain Declare Jihad on Dogs
- Man’s Best Friend in Shariah’s Cruel Crosshairs
- Dogs… Pets – Beyond Traditional Islam
- The Latest Enemies of Iran: Dogs and Their Owners
- Iran Cleric Says Dogs “Unclean” and Not to be Kept as Pets
- 1 Million Stray Dogs in Iraq to be Culled
- Banning Dogs as Pets
- President Bush and His Pets
- Bush and Barney, Just Like Old Times
- New First Pooch Is Arriving Soon
- Arrival of New First Pooch Imminent
- Stop Killing Dogs! 2 Million Dogs Killed in Horrible Ways Every Year in South Korea
- Dog Meat in Beijing Ordered Off Menu for Olympics
- Olympic Clean-up Chinese Style: Beijings Shocking Cat Death Camps
- Presidential Pet Museum.com
- Obama Lifts Ban on Horse Slaughter (for meat)
April 19, 2012 - Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Just One More Pet, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Unusual Stories, We Are All God's Creatures | Bo, diversion, eating dog meat, eating your dog, Glenn Beck, Islam, Islam and Animals, Islam and pets, Obama, Obama's dog, Obamaland, Presidents and animals
6 Comments »
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Be Their Voice Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies companion animals dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States irresponsible pet owners JOMP JustOneMorePet Just One More Pet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice Wild Animals
- Meowsa! Do our pets go to Heaven? December 3, 2013WND: While millions of people grapple with questions about what really happens when they die, now a brand-new book is probing what might actually happen to people’s beloved pets. The title of the book asks the timeless question, “Do Our Pets Go to Heaven?” and features biblical analysis of the issue, along with amazing stories […]justonemorepet
- At the Dog Park: Red Alert Behavior Series: Tail Tucked Plus Risks to Small Dogs December 3, 2013Video: At the Dog Park: Red Alert Behavior Series: Tail Tucked Plus Risks to Small Dogs NoDogAboutIt: Over the holiday weekend, my dogs enjoyed daily visits to the dog park. They loved getting to walk in the woods every day and to meet up with some of their old friends and hang out. Daisy is […]justonemorepet
- Pip’s Monday Poem December 2, 2013 justonemorepet
- Elwood, Crowned World’s Ugliest Dog in 2007, Has Died December 1, 2013Elwood, the New Jersey canine that was crowned the world’s ugliest dog in 2007 and later became the topic of a children’s book preaching acceptance died. unexpectedly Thanksgiving morning at age. His owner, Karen Quigley, said the Chinese crested and Chihuahua mix died after having some heath issues in recent months but recently appeared to […]justonemorepet
- Advent Advent Christmas Dog December 1, 2013Video: Advent Advent Christmas Dog Advent – The Season of Anticipation and Hope – WoC 2013justonemorepet
- Happy Thanksgiving From Just One More Pet (JOMP) November 28, 2013Thanksgiving Pet Recipe of the Day Simple Roasted Organs (This is a great recipe to make up for Thanksgiving to feed your canine friends… you can substitute chicken for the turkey and add a few turkey scraps at carving time, or just bake the liver and giblets and add the warm turkey as you carve… […]justonemorepet
- Being Overweight Shaves Nearly a Year from Your Dog’s Life, Especially in These 5 Breeds November 27, 2013Story at-a-glance Recent research suggests that dogs that are overweight at middle age may not live as long as dogs of normal weight. A study of approximately 5,500 dogs from 10 different breeds showed that those who are overweight at middle age can have their lives cut short by up to 10 months. This is […]justonemorepet
- The “Not So Safe” or No-No Pet Food List November 23, 2013The following foods are not safe for dogs, cats, potbellied pigs, or guinea pigs. Never give the following foods or beverages to your pets: *Alcohol of any kind (a no-no for all animals) *Anything with Caffeine (a no-no for all animals) Avocados – especially for birds and cats Baby food if it contains onion powder […]justonemorepet
- Cava-poo-chon Never Looses Puppy Face November 22, 2013The cava-poo-chon is a cavalier King Charles spaniel and bichon frise mix-bred with a miniature poodle and it’s reportedly hypoallergenic with a puppy face forever. “Imagine the ideal designer dog. It would be smart, healthy and hypoallergenic. It would have the yap bred out and longevity bred in. And, most important, it would never lose […]justonemorepet
- How to keep your dog safe during Thanksgiving holidays November 17, 2013Examiner: Now is the time you give thanks in your life for all you have; a secure place to live, food on the table, clothes on your back, your family, friends and of course the precious pets. Your dog is full of loyalty, devotion and unconditional love. There is no better time to say thank […]justonemorepet
- Meowsa! Do our pets go to Heaven? December 3, 2013
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
- RT @Grayson2014: Our two parties are one, but they want u to believe they are different, w different goals. In fact, they have 1 goal, 2 we…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 9 hours ago
- RT @AskMarion: Watcher’s Council Nominations – Lawless Edition wp.me/p1dXJI-4LRThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 9 hours ago
- Obama’s Ex-Bodyguard: Scandals ‘Worse Than You Know’ po.st/epdE3n via @po_stThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 9 hours ago
- RT @AskMarion: God Rest Ye Merry Merchants – Christmas: An American Holiday and Tradition to Love and Preserve – WoC 2013 http://t.co/XBv6Y…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 9 hours ago
- RT @AskMarion: Congressman Steve King -- President's Constitutional Duty to Faithfully Execute the Laws wp.me/p1dXJI-4LMThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 9 hours ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!
The Andreas04 Theme.