New Jersey – It is unfair to deny a domesticated animal, reliant upon a careprovider, life sustaining sustenance.
It is unjust to make such an animal suffer a torturous death by the denial of these necessities.
It is a travesty when a court of law fails to adequately punish a careprovider for these crimes.
A Pit bull named Rocco suffered the ultimate injustice – both at the hands of his "care-providers", and at the hands of the court which failed to punish those individuals.
Back in February, Rocco’s emaciated body was discovered lying on the frozen ground of a backyard.
A necropsy revealed the extent of this dog’s suffering prior to his death.
Rocco was infested with parasites, including heartworm and whipworm. Rocco’s body had no fat – not even around his heart.
Rocco had suffered horribly prior to succumbing to extreme starvation.
In August, his abusers, Dawn and Brandon Tucker, went to court to face their charges – charges which, by New Jersey state statute – allow for jail time.
Sadly, Rocco’s injustice continued.
The Tuckers will not be heading to jail – instead, Judge Larsen of the Clementon Municipal Court, assigned them minimal community service.
Due to their "limited" resources – Judge Craig Larsen issued a meager fine of $250 each.
When the NJSPCA requested that the Tucker’s remaining dogs be removed from the home – the request was denied.
A living creature suffered horribly at the hands of his owners.
Day after painful day, Rocco waited for any form of life-sustaining food to be provided. Day after painful day he was denied.
Waiting, hoping, suffering – until his body could not wait a moment longer.
It is an injustice to be treated in such a horrific manner.
It is an injustice to die by such cruelty.
It is an injustice for his abusers to walk away with little to no punishment.
Rest in Peace Rocco.
Note: A Facebook page "No Justice for Rocco" has been created. To learn more, click here.
If you would like to continue receiving dog-related articles, including the latest news, tips and advice, please click the Subscribe Icon. It’s free and anonymous. Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing this story with others.
Story ideas can be shared at Eims1@live.com.
Suggested by the author:
- Staring into the eyes of her killer…
- Cheers! Pet store chain to stop selling pets
- Rescuer convicted in animal cruelty case
- Not again, dog killed within hours of pick up
- Teen star making a difference for shelter animals
By Penny Eims
Penny Eims, a lifelong animal lover, has dedicated the past 4 years to a large, non-profit dog rescue in Washington. Her experiences include…
September 11, 2011 - Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Animal Rights And Awareness, animals, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, Pet Abuse, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | animal care provider, cruelty, cruelty to animals, Pet Parenthood, Rocco
1 Comment »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
SoftPaws… The Purrfect Litter!!SoftPaws is 100% Natural and Lasts Over Twice as Long - Checkout SoftPaws … The Purrfect litter!! - Go To: http://www.mcendeavors-store.com/softpaws-kitty-litter-1-9-lb-bag/
TagsAdopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA be part of the solution Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker fish for the love of a pet horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JustOneMorePet Just One More Pet kittens Love man's best friend Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet Food Pet Parents Pets pets and holidays Pets Are Family Puppies pups responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents Stop Animal Cruelty we are their voice
- Unusual Pet of the Day… Made Me Smile! June 18, 2013Name: Remy Age: One year, two months old Gender: Male Kind: Huacaya Alpaca Home: Pennsylvania, USA Pet of the Day: This is Remy, and his is my Huacaya Alpaca! Remy is the biggest ham you will ever meet. If you call his name he will instantly put his tail in the air (an alpaca sign […]justonemorepet
- Pet Dads With Their Pets (Furkids) June 16, 2013UCLA Shutterbug – Wyoming Outing Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images for Tribeca Film Festival UCLA Schutterbug - Kisses for Schatze Reddit/orangefever - Just Wrestling UCLA Shutterbug - Having a PowWow UCLA Shutterbug - Whole Family is Asleep… Pups 7-Weeks Old Technorati Tags: Pet Parents,pets and holidays,Father’s Day,dogs and cats,pets,JOMP,Just One More Pe […]justonemorepet
- Patriotic Pets Celebrating Flag Day June 15, 2013Technorati Tags: Flag Day,patriotic pet events,patriotic pet photos,patriotic pup costumes,cats,dogs and cats,JOMP,Just One More Petjustonemorepet
- Two-faced kitten June 14, 2013Two-faced kitten - It’s oddly adorable! Radio Patriot: A rare, two-faced kitten was born in Amity, Ore., on Tuesday. Stephanie Durkee, the owner of both the female kitten and its mother, took the two-faced cat to a vet, who say she’s in good health. (She meows "loudly from both mouths," according to the Guardian.) Durkee […]justonemorepet
- Pet owners turning to non-traditional June 12, 2013TownHall: ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — It’s the age old and seemingly answerless question: What in the world is my dog thinking? And one that has spawned a growing market not only of scientific research but of everything from decks of pet tarot cards to television and radio shows and books by pet psychics and animal […]justonemorepet
- Palace Malice Wins Third Leg of Triple Crown June 9, 2013Sports News: NEW YORK — Two Hall of Fame jockeys were just about nose to nose as their horses hit the middle of the final turn of the Belmont Stakes. Gary Stevens, aboard Preakness winner Oxbow, was going to relinquish the lead to the hard-charging Palace Malice, and he knew it. He glanced over to […]justonemorepet
- Wild horse report concludes that BLM management program needs overhaul June 6, 2013About 50,000 wild horses are in holding facilities, costing about $40 million a year, according to a report. (Scott Sonner, The Associated Press) Denver Post: GRAND JUNCTION — A long-anticipated report on government management of wild horses and burros has reached a conclusion that all sides of this controversial issue, including the ASPCA, can agree […]justonemorepet
- The Mistake That Can Wreak Havoc on Your Dog’s Skeleton June 3, 2013Story at-a-glance Osteochondrosis is one of a variety of developmental orthopedic diseases that occur in young, fast-growing dogs, typically large and giant breeds. The most common form of osteochondrosis in dogs is osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), which can cause angular limb deformities in long bones, and cartilage damage in shoulders, elbows, knees and ho […]justonemorepet
- Feathered dino may be world’s first bird June 1, 2013Fox News: A birdlike dinosaur from the Middle/Late Jurassic of China could be the first of the bird group. (Masato Hattori) The skeleton of a Jurassic dinosaur from China could also be the oldest known bird, scientists report. The fossil of Aurornis xui was found last year in a museum at the Fossil and Geology […]justonemorepet
- Patriotic Memorial Day Pet Photos May 26, 2013Patriotic Memorial Day Pet Photos Technorati Tags: Memorial Day with pets,patriotic pet photos,holidays with pets,dogs,pets,animal and pet photos,pet fun,Just One More Pet,JOMPjustonemorepet
- Unusual Pet of the Day… Made Me Smile! June 18, 2013
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
hutchagoodlife on Unusual Pet of the Day…… Jonathan Hughes on Patriotic Pets Celebrating Fla… hutchagoodlife on Two-faced kitten Jonathan Hughes on Incredible: The Moment a Woman… Jonathan Hughes on Animal Moms – Happy Moth…
- Will Obama’s Exploitation of Newtown Families Force GOP to Cave on Gun Control? wp.me/p1dXJI-3TTThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 months ago
- RT @commonpatriot: via @B4INFeatured: Alex Jones Show: Tuesday (4-16-13) Boston Marathon Bombing bit.ly/11qH2Tj #tcotThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 months ago
- RT @commonpatriot: via @PatDollard: Professor Offended By Images At Pro-Life Rally Gets Arrested After Obscenity-Laced Tira... http://t. ...There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 months ago
- RT @SSPets: The Saving Shelter Pets Daily is out! paper.li/SSPets/1305834… ▸ Top stories today via @yelowcanarychic @petsweeklyThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 months ago
- Cass Sunstein: The Poster Boy for ‘Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out’ | FrontPage Magazine: frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfie…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 2 months ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!