When Mason — the incredible dog from Alabama — survived being tossed about by a tornado, crawled home on two broken legs, and then went through incredible surgery to repair his injuries, I‘ll admit I was nearly positive I wouldn’t find another heartwarming dog story for a while.
I was wrong.
Meet “Star.” She’s the mixed-breed dog from Malta who was found not only buried alive up to her face, but also found to have 40 gunshot wounds, including several to her head.
The New York Daily News explains:
Officers investigating an unrelated case near the city of Birzebbuga last week heard faint whispers from under a plank with a tree stump on top of it. After removing the plank, they made the gruesome discovery: a dog buried alive in dirt up to its face, its snout and limbs tied up, and multiple bullet wounds in its head, The Times of Malta reported.
The dog, a female mixed-breed that rescuers named “Star,” was dug out and taken for emergency surgery at the Ta’ Qali hospital. Doctors were able to save her life, despite removing more than 40 gun pellets from her skull.
Malta news station One News has posted a video of the incredible canine. While you may not be able to understand the language in the report, the pictures say it all:
According to the Daily News, Star has received several adoption offers from around the world. She even has her own Facebook page and her story has led both TIME and HuffPo to dub her the “miracle dog.”
Officials are still looking for those responsible. In Malta, an animal cruelty conviction can net up to one year in jail. In the world the punishment for animal cruelty is much too lenient, especially for something like this… because animal abusers usually are abusers of another kind as well!
Source: the Blaze
June 2, 2011 Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Animal Rights And Awareness, animals, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, NO KILL NATION, Outreach for Pets, Patrick, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | cruelty to animals, Malta | 1 Comment
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies Christmas cute dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JOMP Just One More Pet JustOneMorePet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food pet fun Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies Puppy puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice
- Power of Plastic… Horrible August 23, 2014The power of plastic! This turtle likely crawled through a discarded plastic ring of a 6-pack of beer or soda when it was a baby, and now is being forever strangled in a plastic hangman’s noose! Share this if you are not OK with it. #jeffcorwin #recyclejustonemorepet
- Canine Dental Care Importance Often Overlooked August 16, 2014Paying attention to your dog and cat’s dental health is far too often overlooked, but can make a huge difference in their overall health! By Marion Algier – JOMP Photo via Pinterest Catch Fred - By Melissa Turner When it comes to the proper care of our four-legged friends one of the most important aspects […]justonemorepet
- Found This Baby Dying On A Hot Sidewalk. What He Does Next Will Floor You August 8, 2014Amazing!! PawMyGosh: It was a hot Florida day when Jeff Longo spotted something tiny on the sidewalk. When he looked closer, he realized it was a baby squirrel. It was lying there on the hot pavement close to death. He thought there was no way it would survive. But he was gonna do everything in […]justonemorepet
- Is Your Dog Bouncing Off the Walls, This Could Be Why August 3, 2014HuffPo: If your canine companion is tightly wound, wired, has no desire (ever) to settle down, relax, regroup, you probably refer to him as being hyperactive or suffering from ADHD. But even though the term is widely used in our society today, the actual clinical syndrome of hyperactivity is rare in canines. It’s probably more […]justonemorepet
- Pet Poisons: The Top 10 Suspects for Dogs – And for Cats August 3, 2014Story at-a-glance Earlier in the year, the Pet Poison Helpline released its annual list of most common pet toxins for 2013. For the first time, canine joint supplements made the top 10 list of dog toxins. Fortunately, most dogs who sample too many joint supplements only develop diarrhea, but in rare cases of overdose, liver […]justonemorepet
- The Ultimate Dog Pool Party July 26, 2014Video: The Ultimate Dog Pool Party… Fun!justonemorepet
- Pit Bull Hailed as Hero for Alerting Deaf Boy to Fire With a Lick July 17, 2014AP Photo: Indianapolis Fire Department, Rita Reith This photo provided by the Indianapolis Fire Department shows Ace, a pit bull, resting outside the home of Lindsay and James Bernard of Indianapolis after the home caught fire on Wednesday, July 16, 2014. INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A two-year old male pit bull named Ace is being hailed […]justonemorepet
- Off to the Races… Weiner Dog Races That Is July 13, 2014Wiener Dog Races, Kalispell, MT There’s Nothing Like Wiener Dog Races! Oktoberfest Wiener Dog Races.mpg Barrel Racing Wiener Dog Jerry needs no help playing with his ball. Sassy Dachshund Puppy Cute Dachshund montage Daisy – Teckel à poil long – HD Dachshund Water Race Wake Up Mommy!! I Wants Breakfast!! Teckel Superstar! – Dackel, kleiner […]justonemorepet
- Never Punish Your Pet for This Accident! July 13, 2014Video: Urinary Incontinence in Dogs and Cats By Dr. Karen Becker – HuffPo Please note this article addresses involuntary passage of urine only, and isn’t intended to cover other urination-related problems like too-frequent urination or behavioral-related problems like submissive urination. Involuntary Passage of Urine Involuntary passage of urine normally oc […]justonemorepet
- Keeping Your Pets Safe on the 4th of July July 3, 2014Family and friends of G.R. Gordon-Ross watch his private fireworks show at the Youth Sports Complex in Lawrence, Kan., Friday, June 28, 2013. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner) Mercury News – Originally posted on July 02, 2013: The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Hot dogs, potato salad and, of course, fireworks. But Independence […]justonemorepet
- Power of Plastic… Horrible August 23, 2014
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
- Watcher of Weasels » Forum: What’s Behind The Downturn In The GOP’s Chances To Take The Senate? watcherofweasels.org/forum-whats-be… via @WeaselWatcherThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 week ago
- RT @peddoc63: There are〰80 members of Dem. Party who R members of Communist Party🙀@AllenWest politico.com/news/stories/0… @LodiSilverado http://t…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 week ago
- RT @ChuckNellis: Eternally, I serve ONE. http://t.co/P1i58aTvnmThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 week ago
- RT @stephenfhayes: But it would be a shame if the US chose to set aside the results of an election simply to placate the losing candidate -…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 week ago
- RT @marymauldin: Police disrespected... Thugs respected by this Admin. http://t.co/V9YRsLCm9eThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 week ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!