When Mason — the incredible dog from Alabama — survived being tossed about by a tornado, crawled home on two broken legs, and then went through incredible surgery to repair his injuries, I‘ll admit I was nearly positive I wouldn’t find another heartwarming dog story for a while.
I was wrong.
Meet “Star.” She’s the mixed-breed dog from Malta who was found not only buried alive up to her face, but also found to have 40 gunshot wounds, including several to her head.
The New York Daily News explains:
Officers investigating an unrelated case near the city of Birzebbuga last week heard faint whispers from under a plank with a tree stump on top of it. After removing the plank, they made the gruesome discovery: a dog buried alive in dirt up to its face, its snout and limbs tied up, and multiple bullet wounds in its head, The Times of Malta reported.
The dog, a female mixed-breed that rescuers named “Star,” was dug out and taken for emergency surgery at the Ta’ Qali hospital. Doctors were able to save her life, despite removing more than 40 gun pellets from her skull.
Malta news station One News has posted a video of the incredible canine. While you may not be able to understand the language in the report, the pictures say it all:
According to the Daily News, Star has received several adoption offers from around the world. She even has her own Facebook page and her story has led both TIME and HuffPo to dub her the “miracle dog.”
Officials are still looking for those responsible. In Malta, an animal cruelty conviction can net up to one year in jail. In the world the punishment for animal cruelty is much too lenient, especially for something like this… because animal abusers usually are abusers of another kind as well!
Source: the Blaze
June 2, 2011 Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, Animal Rights And Awareness, animals, Dogs, If Animlas Could Talk..., Just One More Pet, Man's Best Friend, NO KILL NATION, Outreach for Pets, Patrick, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | cruelty to animals, Malta | 1 Comment
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Be Their Voice Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies companion animals dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States irresponsible pet owners JOMP JustOneMorePet Just One More Pet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice Wild Animals
- Dog Befriends Boy with Down Syndrome December 8, 2013Animal Planet – h/t to Holy Cuteness: Little Hernán from Buenos Aires, who has Down Syndrome, doesn’t like to be touched. But Himalaya the Labrador is very patient but persistent and eventually manages to befriend the little boy… Video: Dog Befriends Boy with Down Syndromejustonemorepet
- Rescued Pit Bull Saves Adoptive Mom from Javelina Attack December 7, 2013LifeWithDogs: A pit bull whose life was saved when he was adopted in March returned the favor when he and his mom were attacked by an aggressive herd of boar-like javalinas. The dog, named JoJo, was badly slashed, but is expected to fully recover. Heidi Dietrich was walking her two-year-old pit bull JoJo in a […]justonemorepet
- Obama Admin Gives Green Energy Firms A Pass On Killing Bald Eagles December 7, 2013Whatever right? WeaselZippers Via CBS: The Obama administration said Friday it will allow some companies to kill or injure bald and golden eagles for up to 30 years without penalty, an effort to spur development and investment in green energy while balancing its environmental consequences. The change, requested by the wind energy industry, will provide […]justonemorepet
- Sledding Shelties December 6, 2013Video: Sledding Sheltiesjustonemorepet
- Hernias in Dogs December 6, 2013Definition of Hernias A hernia is an abnormal protrusion of part of the body through the structures that surround it. They can exist at birth or be acquired as a result of trauma and often are genetic. In most cases, affected animals have a weak spot, an unusual opening or some other abnormality in a […]justonemorepet
- Tippy the Fainting Squirrel Has Internet Dying To Find Diagnosis December 4, 2013Bing Video: Tippy the fainting squirrel HuffPo: This candid video above, titled "Tippy the Fainting Squirrel," has slowly become the talk of the Internet this week. The short clip with no information provided by poster Honor Via depicts a squirrel appearing to eat a nut while standing, only to suddenly freeze, tip over for a […]justonemorepet
- Meowsa! Do our pets go to Heaven? December 3, 2013WND: While millions of people grapple with questions about what really happens when they die, now a brand-new book is probing what might actually happen to people’s beloved pets. The title of the book asks the timeless question, “Do Our Pets Go to Heaven?” and features biblical analysis of the issue, along with amazing stories […]justonemorepet
- At the Dog Park: Red Alert Behavior Series: Tail Tucked Plus Risks to Small Dogs December 3, 2013Video: At the Dog Park: Red Alert Behavior Series: Tail Tucked Plus Risks to Small Dogs NoDogAboutIt: Over the holiday weekend, my dogs enjoyed daily visits to the dog park. They loved getting to walk in the woods every day and to meet up with some of their old friends and hang out. Daisy is […]justonemorepet
- Pip’s Monday Poem December 2, 2013 justonemorepet
- Elwood, Crowned World’s Ugliest Dog in 2007, Has Died December 1, 2013Elwood, the New Jersey canine that was crowned the world’s ugliest dog in 2007 and later became the topic of a children’s book preaching acceptance died. unexpectedly Thanksgiving morning at age. His owner, Karen Quigley, said the Chinese crested and Chihuahua mix died after having some heath issues in recent months but recently appeared to […]justonemorepet
- Dog Befriends Boy with Down Syndrome December 8, 2013
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!
The Andreas04 Theme.