Demand Justice for Dog Tortured and Killed by Owner – PETITION
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009
Mr. Robert Suttles, Somerset, KY, has demonstrated a total disregard for the life and health of his devoted canine companion “Bowser.” 911 (Sheriff’s Department) has been called in the past to the home of Mr. Suttles where neighbors had observed that he refused to give his dog the basics for sustenance: food and water. Emergency personnel would not seize the dog “since no ribs were showing.” On other occasions they refused to respond to the 911 calls.
In retaliation for the neighbors’ calls, on June 30, 2009, Mr. Suttles demonstrated his “dominance” over this animal. Boasting of his ability to treat his own dog as he liked, he proceeded to pour antifreeze onto bread and to stuff this deadly concoction in Bowser’s mouth, holding the mouth closed so that Bowser could not spit it out and had to swallow it. Mr. Suttles performed this act of cruelty in front of neighbors and other witnesses. Death from antifreeze poisoning is one of the cruelest deaths.
Bowser was unable to regain standing position after this poisoning as he was in severe pain from the deadly food. Mr. Suttles left Bowser outside in pain for two full days (no food, water, meds, comfort) until he went outside to Bowser, kicked him viciously in the head until Bowser finally died. At this point, on July 2, 2009, he dragged the lifeless body across his yard to a burn barrel and proceeded to burn Bowser’s body that night, leaving no opportunity for necropsy. But there were witnesses to his vile and heinous acts. Witnesses who are willing to testify to his heinous acts.
On July 20, 2009, charges against Mr. Suttles were finally filed. He has been charged with second degree animal cruelty and harassment and a $7,500 bail has been set. Mr. Suttles tried to plead to lesser charges but Judge Woods set trial for Monday, August 28, 2009, at a time to be determined later, in order for the DA to interview witnesses and gather facts.
On the night of the burning of the body, the Sheriff was called to Mr. Suttles, but made himself unavailable to help.
This is not the first time that Mr. Suttles has been involved in documented cruelty to animals. He has bragged about killing another dog in March 2009. And he has been seen throwing food (laced with antifreeze?) over another neighbor’s fence to her goats.
Somerset KY has experienced many unexplained deaths of domestic animals by antifreeze poisoning and other means. It has been suggested that Mr. Suttles may be behind those acts as well, but we do not have evidence to support that at this time.
Somerset KY is a nice community with good neighbors who love and care for their domestic animals. If “Bowser,” a beautiful black lab mix, had become a burden to Mr. Suttles, he could have surrendered Bowser to the Humane Society for rehoming. Instead, he willingly and viciously killed his own dog in a most horrendous way, with witnesses around who were unable to stop him or get the law to arrest him at the time of the assault.
It is time to get justice for Bowser! Please read below and then sign the petition. The petition will be sent to the Judge and DA on the Friday before the trial.
Urge the District Attorney for Pulaski County, KY (Somerset) to prosecute Defendant Mr. Robert Suttles, Somerset, KY, for the maximum charges allowable by law as a result of his egregious acts of animal cruelty and harassment against his dog Bowzer.
Urge Judge Woods (or the sitting judge for the trial) to find Mr. Robert Suttles “Guilty” (Note from Deanna: I believe this may be a jury trial from information I found researching this) on all counts of animal cruelty charged against him and to sentence him to the fullest amount of time for such charges. Urge Judge Woods to require that he complete at least 75% of his sentence in jail, that the remainder of the sentence be community service to a NON-animal related agency (you can’t trust him around animals), and bar him from forever owning a domestic animal again (dog, cat, etc.) Any other animals in the home shall be surrendered to the Pulaski County Humane Society for the purpose of rehoming in a loving home. Finally, Mr. Suttles should be required to reimburse the Pulaski County Humane Society $xxx.xx for the care given to Bowser before his death. If any expenses have already been donated by the public, Mr. Suttles should still be fined at least $1,500, with the monies going to the Humane Society for the purpose of helping document and obtain veterinary and humane care, for future cases of cruelty.
In light of recent notorious cases such as the Michael Vick dogfighting case, we in Pulaski County need to send a clear message to our residents and other residents of Kentucky that such acts of cruelty will not be tolerated and will be fully pursued and prosecuted.
We appreciate your time in reading this petition and again we urge you to send a clear message of justice on behalf of the late Bowser.
Concerned Citizens of Somerset, KY, Pulaski County
Concerned Animal Advocates of Kentucky, Tennessee, and other states
The Pulaski County Humane Society
Please write, call, fax, or email the public officials in Pulaski County and give them your opinion on this case. As always, we ask that you be polite and stick to the facts. Hysteria and cursing (or worse!) will only harm our cause. You don’t need to write a long letter. Just let the DA and Judge know that the citizens of Pulaski County will no longer tolerate a “slap on the wrist” to perpetrators of animal cruelty. See below.
District Judge Katie Wood
402 Grande Avenue
Somerset, KY 42501
104 North Main Street
Somerset KY 42501
Pulaski County Judge Executive
P.O. Box 712
Somerset, KY 42502
606-678-4853 – phone
606-679-8642 – fax
Sheriff Todd Wood
Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department
P.O. Box 752
Somerset, KY 42502
Phone: (606) 678-5145
Fax (606) 679-3119
The information above came directly from the petition which you can signHERE. Oddly enough I could find no media coverage of this horrendous crime but as the petition is sponsored in part by the humane society and the trial is on the docket, I will accept the facts as laid out.
This dog was routinely starved, then poisoned and kicked to death then had his tortured body burned to try to hide the crime! There is no excuse for the suffering inflicted on this innocent creature!! We must demand justice!!!
What this waste of human life did was to cruelly torture this poor dog in a vicious power play, taunt and harass his neighbors and witnesses and someone almost get away with this crime!! He needs to be punished severely and there needs to be justice for Bowser, tortured and killed for no reason except for some POS to play his power game.
Please, I ask that you not only sign the petition but to call and write!! This is one dangerous psychopath and if he’s on the streets, his neighbors fear retribution as do the witnesses who are scared but willing to set that fear aside and testify to try to get justice for “just a dog” against a bully!!
Help to get the word out and share this with anyone who has a heart and cares!! Only through our action can we make a difference!!
Again, here’s the PETITION!
Now for the important part; the charges for this crime can be upgraded to a Class D Felony under Romero’s Law!! For some reason the County Attorney wants to leave it a 2nd Degree Misdemeanor… No Way!! I don’t think so!! There is no way you can know the details of this and not see it as the torture that it is.
Please, please, please… keep in mind that time is short…
Contact County Attorney (Bill Thompson) or the Assistant County Attorney (Dan Thompson – Bill’s brother) to refer this case to the Commonwealth Attorney (Eddie Montgomery) for prosecution as a Class D felony under Romeo’s Law.
County Attorney’s office
PO Box 5
Somerset, KY 42502-0005.
Phone at: (606) 679-4449 or (606) 679-4440.
It really is time for the laws against animal cruelty to be updated and stiffened!!!! let’s use this case as a springboard to launch that campaign!!
- Military Punishment for Dog Killer, Abuser a Joke! No Justice! VIDEO
- Charges in Dog Beating Upgraded to Felony
- Dog Dead After Neighbor Beats it for Barking – VIDEO
- Two Teens Torture, Kill Family Dog – VIDEO
- Man “Regularly Beat Dog with Shovel Handle”
- Community Service for Dog Killer
- Teen Who Killed Kitten Only to Serve One Year in Prison
- Humane Society of the U.S. finally changes its policy on fighting dogs
- Teen Kills Kitten in Oven; Faces 10-Year Sentence
- Is Your Pet a Voiceless Victim of the Tanking Economy?
- Where there is a will…
- Warning Signs That Your Child’s Behavior Is Dangerous To Pets
- Jesse Compares Michael Vick to Jackie Robinson
- Not Everyone Wants Michael Vick to Come Back
- Brooklyn Woman Assaults Two ASPCA Agents
- Speak Out For Those Who Cannot Speak For Themselves… Always Stand-up for Them and Join the ASPCA
- Don’t Think for a Minute that Dogs (or any pet) Can Survive in a Hot Car
- Joan of Ark – Joanie’s Story
- Help Feed Hungry Pets
- Father Arrested for Allegedly Killing Family Dog in Front of Children
- Domestic and Animal Abuse
- Glenn Beck – Teen punks murder American Hero’s Dog
- Alabama Dog Fighting Bust
- Ohio Woman 75, Accused of Beating Fawn to Death
- 18-year-old Charged in Florida Cat Mutilations
- And the Verdict is… GUILTY!! YES!!!
- Brooklyn Man Arrested for Neglecting Aging Pet
Posted: Just One More Pet
August 24, 2009 - Posted by justonemorepet | animal abuse, Animal or Pet Related Stories, animals, Change Number of Pet Restrictive Laws. Ordinances and Rules, Just One More Pet, Pet Abuse, Pets, Political Change, Stop Animal Cruelty, Stop Euthenization, Toughen Animal Abuse Laws and Sentences, We Are All God's Creatures | Animal Abuse Petition, Be Their Voice, Class D Felony under Romero’s Law, Concerned Animal Advocates of Kentucky Tennessee and other states, Concerned Citizens of Somerset KY Pulaski County, Demand Justice for Killed and Abused Animals, Demand Justice for Tortured Dog, District Judge Katie Wood, Dog Torture Petition, dog toture, dogs, justice for Bowser, Kentucky, need tougher sentences for animal abusers, no mercy for animal abusers, no mercy for pet abusers, Robert Suttles, Somerset Kentucky, stiffer animal abuse laws needed, stop animal abuse, Stop Animal Cruelty, stop animal neglect, stop pet neglect, The Pulaski County Humane Society, throw the book at animal abusers, Throw the book at pet abusers, tougher punishment for pet abuse, Upgrade Dog Torture Charges
3 Comments »
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
So if you have the room in your home and the love in your heart… Adopt Just One More Pet or consider becoming a Foster parent for pets… Also check out: Little Critter: Just One More Pet
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
Adopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocacy animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA Bears be part of the solution Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China Chiweenies Christmas cute dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker elephants Fido fish for the love of a pet German Shepherd Halloween holidays holidays with pets horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JOMP Just One More Pet JustOneMorePet kittens kitties livestock Love man's best friend man's best friends military dogs monkeys New York Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet costumes Pet Food pet fun Pet Health Pet Parents Pets pet safety pets and holidays Pets Are Family Pet Therapy Puppies Puppy puppy mills pups rabbits reptiles responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents service dogs Stop Animal Cruelty Texas There Is Always Room For One More Pet we are their voice
- Tribute to Movie Dogs – Rin Tin Tin Lassie Benji Asta Toto + March 7, 2014Video: Tribute to Movie Dogs – Rin Tin Tin Lassie Benji Asta Toto + Technorati Tags: Movie Dogs,Movies,Movie Animals,Dogs,Rin Tin Tin,Lassie,Benji,Asta,Toto,JOMP,Just One More Petjustonemorepet
- Hero Dog Returns Home After Taking Bullet for Family March 6, 2014If Charlie had not been in the line of fire, bullets may have struck one of the family’s children, the dog’s owner says North Central Shelter Intervention Program via Facebook Charlie happily sits with her family on Monday, March 3, 2014, since undergoing surgery to have her leg amputated after heroically taking a bullet for […]justonemorepet
- Mr. Pepper – A Dachshund Escape March 4, 2014Too cute! Video: Mr. Pepper Technorati Tags: Dachshund,Puppies,Puppy,Cuteness,JOMP,Just One More Petjustonemorepet
- Live: Iditarod (Sled Dog Race) 2014 from Anchorage Alaska is Underway March 2, 2014Iditarod 2014 is Underway… by Isabel Matos – A Time For Choosing The Iditarod 2014 Ceremonial Start started at 10 a.m. Alaska time today (March 1, 2014). It should end between the 9th and 21st of March. The Iditarod Sled Dog race will start from Willow as planned. Each team consists of 12 to 16 […]justonemorepet
- Arizona is Being Overrun by Packs of Vicious Wild Chihuahuas… Vicious? Really? February 27, 2014So what the heck is going on in Arizona? Vicious wild Chihuahuas? They are Chihuahuas for God sake… Why didn’t they notice this sooner? And as for Chihuahuas nipping people, even at kids… really? A big deal? Not so much in my book… And terrorizing neighborhoods? Again, really? A bit of a stretch I’d say, […]justonemorepet
- Pros & Cons of Neutering–Really? There are Cons? February 22, 2014Puppies rely on us to make informed decisions. Image Copr. Fernanda Cerioni/Flickr By Amy Shojai at Amy Shojai’s Bling, Bitches and Blood Yes, actually, there are and that may surprise you. It did me. After all, we’ve heard from animal welfare advocates for years preaching the gospel of spay/neuter. Heck, I preached this myself and […]justonemorepet
- Shovel Ready Jobs… February 22, 2014Amen!! Technorati Tags: Shovel Ready Jobs,Jobs,Signs,Truth,Comparisons,JOMP,Just One More Pet,Obamalandjustonemorepet
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy Saving Dogs of Sochi February 18, 2014One of the many dark tales coming out of Sochi is the revelation that Russian authorities have been executing stray dogs. US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy plans to do something about it by saving them. American Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy and Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska are doing their part to save the stray dogs in […]justonemorepet
- Logan’s Law passes big hurdle in attempt to create Michigan animal abusers registry February 11, 2014Logan, a husky owned by Matt Falk of Wales Township, died from complications of someone allegedly spraying acid in his face. / Gannett Michigan By Nicole Hayden – LSJ.com Gannett Michigan: Logan’s Law, a package of four bills designed to fight animal abuse passed through the Michigan House of Representatives Judiciary Committee on Thursday. “We […] […]justonemorepet
- BSL and Pit Bulls February 11, 2014What exactly is BSL? My Pit Bull Friend: BSL is an abbreviation for Breed Specific Legislation. Not only is this Legislation targeting specific breeds of dog, but dogs that appear to have characteristics of certain breeds. Your dogs may not even be close to what is on the ban list but may be affected negatively […]justonemorepet
- Tribute to Movie Dogs – Rin Tin Tin Lassie Benji Asta Toto + March 7, 2014
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
artiewhitefox on BSL and Pit Bulls Welcome to the Sochi… on Crews Killing Thousands of Dog… Hopeful News: LA Cit… on ‘Until One Has Loved an… Hopeful News: LA Cit… on Should You Adopt a Second… Hopeful News: LA Cit… on Three Nuns Adopt the Senior Pi…
- RT @WAGNERGIRLE: VIRAL THIS .. So TRUE RT @CowgirlMoon: @greeneli123 @BetteMidler QUICK.... LOOK OVER THERE... http://t.co/rNDNn0bLfN #tea…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 hour ago
- CPAC 2014 is a Wrap wp.me/p1dXJI-5eY #CPAC #CPAC2014 #Palin, #RandPaul #Palin2016 #PalinCruz2016There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 hour ago
- Sarah Palin's rousing CPAC 2014 Keynote Speech just uploaded to Palin-Cruz 2016 palin-cruz.org #PalinCruz2013 #CPAC2014There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 3 hours ago
- RT @foxnation: Mass. Legislature Takes On The Creepy Practice Of ‘Upskirting’ nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/08/mas…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 10 hours ago
- RT @PW4SP: Sarah Palin to 'Objective' Media: Declare Your Biases fb.me/2ISmS50zfThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 10 hours ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!