Police Dog Killer Gets Life Without Parole
(Vancouver, Washington (May 20th, 2009) - A man who shot and killed a police dog in October 2007 has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole by Clark County Superior Court in Vancouver, Washington.
The man’s previous convictions of the second-degree murder of a drug dealer and second-degree assault contributed to the triggering of Washington’s “Three-Strike” rule (formally known as the “Persistent Offenders Accountability Act”), which imposes sentences of life imprisonment for repeat offenders. Harming or killing a police dog is a class C felony, which does not count towards this act, but prosecutors charged him with a firearms crime.
Ronald Chenette was chased by a police SWAT and K-9 units in October 2007 after a friend notified them that he had been drinking and was carrying a hand-gun. In the pursuit, Chenette shot one of the dogs in the head, before being brought to a halt by a second dog. According to the Seattle Times, Chenette told the judge that he wished he’s killed the second dog.
His lawyer told the court that Chenette was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 2000 and that he had not been taking his medication prior to the incident. He also expressed hope that the case would get society to consider how mentally ill people are supported.
This really is a mixed bag… Animals Rights, stricter sentencing for offences agaist Animals, treatment for the Mentally Ill, protection for the Mentally Ill, responsibility for ones actions, drug dealers, and the list goes on… It is perhaps a perfect case to revisit our thinking and our laws?
May 21, 2009 - Posted by justonemorepet | Animal or Pet Related Stories, Animal Rights And Awareness, animals, Just One More Pet, Political Change, We Are All God's Creatures | "Three-Strike" rule, dogs, domestic and animal abuse related, Harming or killing a police dog is a class C felony, K-9 units, man's best friend, Persistent Offenders Accountability Act, police dog killed, police dog killer, police dog killing avenged, police dogs, stricter laws for animal abuse
12 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save a Life…Adopt Just One More…Pet!
Everyday we read or hear another story about pets and other animals being abandoned in record numbers while at the same time we regularly hear about crazy new rules and laws being passed limiting the amount of pets that people may have, even down to one or two… or worse yet, none.
Nobody is promoting hoarding pets or animals, but at a time when there are more pets and animals of all types being abandoned or being taken to shelters already bursting at the seams, there is nothing crazier than legislating away the ability of willing adoptive families to take in just one more pet!!
Our goal is to raise awareness and help find homes for all pets and animals that need one by helping to match them with loving families and positive situations. Our goal is also to help fight the trend of unfavorable legislation and rules in an attempt to stop unnecessary Euthenization!!
“All over the world, major universities are researching the therapeutic value of pets in our society and the number of hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and mental institutions which are employing full-time pet therapists and animals is increasing daily.” ~ Betty White, American Actress, Animal Activist, and Author of Pet Love
Photos By: Marion Algier – The UCLA Shutterbug
There is always room for Just One More Pet. So if you have room in your home and room in your heart… Adopt Just One More! If you live in an area that promotes unreasonable limitations on pets… fight the good fight and help change the rules and legislation…
Save the Life of Just One More…Animal!
Recent and Seasonal Shots
Photos by the UCLA Shutterbug are protected by copyright, Please email at JustOneMorePet@gmail.com or find us on twitter @JustOneMorePet for permission to duplicate for commerical purposes or to purchase photos.
If you can adopt or foster just one more pet, you could be saving a life, while adding joy to your own! Our shelters are over-flowing… Please join the fight to make them all ‘NO-Kill’ facilities.
Protect Your Pet From Tarter and Gum DiseasePlaque Attack Triple Care Dental Spray Amazon.com Widgets
SoftPaws… The Purrfect Litter!!SoftPaws is 100% Natural and Lasts Over Twice as Long - Checkout SoftPaws … The Purrfect litter!! - Go To: http://www.mcendeavors-store.com/softpaws-kitty-litter-1-9-lb-bag/
TagsAdopt Just One More Pet All Animals All Pets animal abuse animal advocates animal cruelty animals ASPCA be part of the solution Birds California canines Cats cats and dogs Chihuahuas China dog Doggies dogs dogs and cats Dr. Becker fish for the love of a pet horses HSUS Humane Society Humane Society of the United States JustOneMorePet Just One More Pet kittens Love man's best friend Pet Abuse Pet Adoption Pet Food Pet Parents Pets pets and holidays Pets Are Family Puppies pups responsible pet ownership responsible pet parents Stop Animal Cruelty we are their voice
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him May 22, 2013(Photo: CBS News) Amid the tragedy in Oklahoma, one woman who lost everything says God answered both of her prayers. CBS News spoke with Barbara Garcia in the wake of the devastating tornado Monday, the woman’s suburban neighborhood now nothing more than flattened homes and rubble. Badly shaken but resilient, explains how she is okay […]justonemorepet
- Attacks Your Bird’s Liver Like Alcohol – Is This What’s Making Her Flabby and Sick? May 19, 2013Story at-a-glance Baby is a female blue-fronted Amazon parrot who is 24 years young. When Dr. Becker met Baby, she had dull feathers, signs of over-grooming, large fat deposits on her breastbone, and several fatty masses called lipomas on both legs. Baby was overweight from a combination of a sedentary lifestyle and a diet that […]justonemorepet
- Help Your Dog Overcome These 3 Common Allergies… May 17, 2013Story at-a-glance Three very common allergies in dogs include flea allergy dermatitis, food allergies and environmental allergies. Treating your dog’s symptoms is only a temporary fix. It’s extremely important to find the root cause of an allergic reaction. Tips to relieve the suffering of your allergic dog. By Dr. Becker If your dog seems to […]justonemorepet
- Texas teenager caught this record 14-foot-3-inch, 800 pound alligator May 17, 2013Technorati Tags: Texas,alligator,wild animals,animal photos,JOMP,Just One More Petjustonemorepet
- Who’s a good dog? May 15, 2013This is for all the dog lovers. The human who got the animals to stay put should get some credit. Have a great day! – h/t to Gary Patterson Technorati Tags: dogs,pets,dog photos,JOMP,Just One More Petjustonemorepet
- Pet Week: 82.5 million U.S. households have pets May 13, 2013ATLANTA, May 10 (UPI/OddNews) — U.S. cable new outlet CNN marked National Pet Week by saying, among other pet-related statistics, an estimated $55.5 billion will be spent on U.S. pets in 2013. CNN said 82.5 million U.S. households had pets in 2012 and $55.53 billion is expected to be spent on pets by U.S. residents […]justonemorepet
- Animal Moms – Happy Mother’s Day 2013 May 12, 2013h/t to Liana Smith Technorati Tags: animal moms,doggie moms,Happy Mother’s Day,for the love a pet,JOMP,Just One More Pet,love,We are all God’s creatures,holidays,animal photosjustonemorepet
- New Hope for Fear and Anxiety in Abused Dogs May 10, 2013Story at-a-glance Recently the ASPCA opened the Behavioral Rehabilitation Center in Madison, NJ, a first-of-its-kind facility dedicated exclusively to helping rehabilitate dogs that have been victims of animal cruelty. The center’s patients will come from shelters across the country as well as from ASPCA-involved seizures, and will primarily be victims of pu […]justonemorepet
- The Scary-Looking ‘Sea Monster’ That Washed Ashore in New Zealand Finally Identified May 8, 2013(YouTube) TheBlaze: The ghastly-looking carcass that recently washed ashore in New Zealand had people speculating that it was some sort of “sea monster” or prehistoric beast. However, as it turns out, it’s just a killer whale — sorry to disappoint you. Because of its state of significant decay, the whale resembled something scarier than a […]justonemorepet
- How Long Will Your Dog Be with You? It Depends Heavily on This… May 7, 2013Story at-a-glance When it comes to species of mammals, generally speaking, bigger animals live longer than smaller ones. But within species, this isn’t always true – for example, in the case of mice, horses, and especially dogs — the bigger the body, the shorter the lifespan. According to a new study, big dogs die younger […]justonemorepet
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him May 22, 2013
Find Pet Friendly Hotels
Jonathan Hughes on Incredible: The Moment a Woman… Jonathan Hughes on Animal Moms – Happy Moth… Jonathan Hughes on Sidestep This Feline Vaccine… artiewhitefox on Charles the Lion Dog… It’s a Wrap… on Ditch This Pet Food Now…
- Will Obama’s Exploitation of Newtown Families Force GOP to Cave on Gun Control? wp.me/p1dXJI-3TTThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 month ago
- RT @commonpatriot: via @B4INFeatured: Alex Jones Show: Tuesday (4-16-13) Boston Marathon Bombing bit.ly/11qH2Tj #tcotThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 month ago
- RT @commonpatriot: via @PatDollard: Professor Offended By Images At Pro-Life Rally Gets Arrested After Obscenity-Laced Tira... http://t. ...There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 month ago
- RT @SSPets: The Saving Shelter Pets Daily is out! paper.li/SSPets/1305834… ▸ Top stories today via @yelowcanarychic @petsweeklyThere Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 month ago
- Cass Sunstein: The Poster Boy for ‘Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out’ | FrontPage Magazine: frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfie…There Is Always Room For Just One More Pet! 1 month ago
Great Book for Children and Pet Lovers… And a Perfect Holiday GiftOne More Pet Emily loves animals so much that she can’t resist bringing them home. When a local farmer feels under the weather, she is only too eager to “feed the lambs, milk the cows and brush the rams.” The farmer is so grateful for Emily’s help that he gives her a giant egg... Can you guess what happens after that? The rhythmic verse begs to be read aloud, and the lively pictures will delight children as they watch Emily’s collection of pets get bigger and bigger.
~~ 2000+ Dog Books And All Things Dog ~~
Buy Now: A Must Have For Every Pet Owner
Nail Clipping Made Easy and Painless
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
If You Were Stranded On An Island…A recent national survey revealed just how much Americans love their companion animals. When respondents were asked whether they’d like to spend life stranded on a deserted island with either their spouse or their pet, over 60% said they would prefer their dog or cat for companionship!